Tarot Certification Board of America - a critical appraisal

tarotbear

update

Wow - I got refered to as a 'shining example' ! That's more confidence than any certificate hanging on a wall could ever mean.

I probably missed this thread when it was started because I dislike the idea of Certification Practices and argued with John Gilbert and the ATA many times. In fact - the reason I wrote my book was because at one point in the ATA - if you wrote a book and could show that it taught 25 or more people to read Tarot then you could become a CTM without having to do the rest of the steps in the program. Of course, by the time I got my book published the ATA had long changed many policies. I wrote it to prove that certification was unnecessary because of this clause. Of course, if the ATA or Tarot Certification Board were to give me CTM status because I have published my book (and have sold over 8,000 copies) I might think better of the process ... but there are no guarantees.

09/28/2011 - BTW - My book sold over 12,000 copies which means I have 12,000 students - so I would like my name spelled CORRECTLY on my CTM certificate, please! :)