Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Using the Bohemian Gothic

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Citizen

JenWt43 
Citizen

Companion Book Information

Hello everyone - I thought I would post a question here, since this thread concerns the companion book. I have been using the Bohemian Gothic daily since I received it, and it is now one of my favorite decks.

However, I do not have the companion book, and there is a question lingering in my mind concerning the artists' intent in the 8 of cups card. Would anyone be willing to check their book regarding the following - the large shadow behind the woman, to me, does not appear to be her shadow. At least, not of her as she is then standing. Her face is turned in a different direction than the shadow. Is the shadow something that is pursuing her? Or is it her own shadow, slightly forward, depicting that she will continue in her journey/exploration?

I have let my imagination run wild, but I was wondering if the book mentions the creators' interpretation. Thank you!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
The Lone Crone

greatdane 
The Lone Crone
Hi JenWt43

I also don't have the companion book, but I took it very much from the RWS meaning of moving on. In this case, I thought the shadow, whatever it is (a situation, a person) is what she has decided to leave. I also look forward to someone posting what the companion book says. But with the BG, I really just use RWS meanings to a great extent, with my own intuition and it has worked just fine for me. I agree, love this deck! :-)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
Citizen

velvetina 
Citizen

I do have the companion book, and the shadow is not mentioned. The usual explanations are described with reference to the metaphors in the image (eg: - if you're brave enough to walk down that dark corridor, there's a light at the end; transitions etc)

your own interpretations are perfect!

I love this deck

I'm posting a little more in the '8 of Cups' thread.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
Citizen

JenWt43 
Citizen

Thank you both!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
Resident

Borderbumble 
Resident
Help!!

I need two quotes from someone who has a copy of the Companion book. My copy was destroyed in a flood, and the insurance company will not replace it. I just need the explanation of Judgment and The World.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.