Getting tired of the Celtic Cross

EarthFaery

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem, even though I use it often, I am always left with some sort of doubt and confusion. For instance, I did a reading on a co-worker who is having pretty heavy relationship problems. I chose the CC, and the first card down was the 3cups crossed by the queen of wands and the 4 of cups. I said is there some sort of party or celebration coming up, Yes it was the following evening, a St. Patricks day party. I said there will be a change of plans, she was amazed that it came out but didn't quite believe me, until 2 hours later she called me and told me that the party was cancelled at her friends house and she offered to move it to hers. So obviously she needed a heads up on this change of plans but, this threw off the whole reading, I am thinking that maybe I should have picked up and re laid the spread, because I felt like I lost my bearings. I have found this to happen all the time with this spread, but I keep using it for some reason. I also have to double the cards in this spread, I can't read it at all if I don't.
I came across a 9 card spread once which was 3 across, 3 down, and also to be read corner to corner, I can't remeber what book I found it in but it worked much better for me, does it ring a bell to anyone?

Imagemaker

I came across a 9 card spread once which was 3 across, 3 down, and also to be read corner to corner, I can't remeber what book I found it in but it worked much better for me, does it ring a bell to anyone?

This sounds like Chronata's spread. I can't find her post on it right now, but perhaps she'll pop up and clarify. As I recall, it's:

7 . . . 8 . . .9

1 . . .2 . . .3

4 . . 5 . . . .6

She pulls 7 8 9 from the bottom of the deck--for the past
1 2 3 for the present
4 5 6 for the future

Read the columns down for:
7 1 4 past;
8 2 5 present; and
9 3 6 for future also

It's fascinating how different layers of the time periods appear in the horizontal three and also the vertical three.

The reading often seems centered around the 2, which shows the core issue. I've forgotten how she uses the diagonals. Chronata, come tell us!

EarthFaery

Sounds like it's close, and 2 definitly being the focal point of the reading, for some reason I thought it was in the sacred circle book, but it isn't...now I'm on a mission!