Retiring Samhain Lenormand

seven stars

I didn't have time last year to make a new edition for this deck, so the one that's out there is the 2015 edition.

This year I'm making a deck to correspond with the 2017 Samhain Deck of the Bastard Ltd (aka The Dearly Departed Bastard). It's going to be the same idea, a Halloween themed deck, bridge size, with treat cards & the same border as the SDOB.

The 2015 deck will be out of print after December 31 of this year. I'll post more on the new deck when I get a little closer to finishing it up. I'm pretty happy with it so far! My only concern is that the borders are a coffin shape, & I don't know if that's going to bother anyone since there is a coffin card.

=)

greatdane

OK SEVEN, you can forget my request for any other Lenormand :)

This sounds like it will be fabulous!

I would have to envision the borders, but if they are MINIMAL, coffin or not, they likely wouldn't bother me on a Lenormand at all. I just like as big a Lenormand image as possible, and that means minimal borders.

Can't wait to see it.

seven stars

how about the Halloween tidbits....on the last one I put pumpkins, spider webs, the Grim Reaper, etc.....too much? Would you rather have it very traditional with just the matching Samhain border?

MoonGypsy

how about the Halloween tidbits....on the last one I put pumpkins, spider webs, the Grim Reaper, etc.....too much? Would you rather have it very traditional with just the matching Samhain border?

Personally, i LOVE the Halloween bits:p....However--At least enough to give it a Spooky Atmosphere and Ambiance for a Samhain
edition...As long as the main image is still obvious and the main event. ;)

greatdane

As someone whose fav Halloween Lenormand is your first Samhain deck :), I don't really need a ton of Halloween/Samhain stuff on another deck. As long as the deck has a suitably dark feel, I'm good.

reall

Just to say I don't mind borders as long it wont take to much spotlight!:) also noticed coffin outline design trend recently!:) lol
N to say I don't remember seing your desogn but instead of sharp/prominent border you can try experiment with darker overlay with lighter central coffin space?:) i.e to make paper look watermarked/aged in that shape?:) just idea!^^ :)

seven stars

Just to say I don't mind borders as long it wont take to much spotlight!:) also noticed coffin outline design trend recently!:) lol
N to say I don't remember seing your desogn but instead of sharp/prominent border you can try experiment with darker overlay with lighter central coffin space?:) i.e to make paper look watermarked/aged in that shape?:) just idea!^^ :)

NO WAY SERIOUSLY?????? MAN, I googled all over just wanting to be sure I wasn't copying an idea!!!! Who?????????

And, ya I was thinking maybe not so much with the halloween stuff on the images....BUT, I want to do like with the Tarot deck & put a different Treat card in each of the decks.

Which....just so you know....that really is an awkward extra bit of work on my end for every order, but I want to do it!

reall

NO WAY SERIOUSLY?????? MAN, I googled all over just wanting to be sure I wasn't copying an idea!!!! Who?????????

And, ya I was thinking maybe not so much with the halloween stuff on the images....BUT, I want to do like with the Tarot deck & put a different Treat card in each of the decks.

Which....just so you know....that really is an awkward extra bit of work on my end for every order, but I want to do it!

oh! don't worry I didn't see it on lenormand!:) just tarot and some webtoons/design pages I fallow!^^ lol

like idea of extra cards and HW theme!:) lookingforward to see how you'll do it? know it'll be fantastic aged deck for sure as those are your thing!^^ lol

p.s will pm you for advice on *historical topic I'm dealing with!:) lol

MoonGypsy

Seven, i think most likely Reall must have meant YOUR personal creative trend with the coffins for this years Samhain decks
that you are creating. i personally think it is a brilliant and original idea on your part, Seven. i haven't seen anything like it. xoxo

P.S. Putting in an extra different treat card in everyone's deck is one of the countless touches
that make your decks so extra special! xoxox You work so hard to make us happy, my friend! And you certainly do!!!

seven stars

Here's what it's looking like, same card back as the Dearly Departed Bastard.

Attachments

• 17Samhain Len.jpg
    17Samhain Len.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 809