Victorian Flower Oracle: Grapevine

Jewel

Fudugazi said:
Yes - that's true. It's the case with all those cards. I often disregard the keywords - and sometimes even the image itself! - and go with the actual plant energy.
I am not very plant savy though I am trying to learn :). Like you I more often then not disregard the keywords (I do that with most decks that have them *LOL*), but I do use the imagery in my readings, so as I analyze all these cards you will see that my perspective comes from the visual image on the card and how I perceive it.
Fudugazi said:
Since all plants have a spirit (in my experience), it follows that the vine does too - and it is a very powerful spirit. Maybe too powerful for humans, sometimes.
I am most jealous of your (and of others here) plant knowledge as mine is zilch, so I am delighted that Traveller started this study group as it is an opportunity for me to learn more and be able to incorporate that into how I read the cards.

Thank you so much for taking the time to discuss this card with me. I would love to learn more about the vine, its spirit, and its power. That will certainly allow me to really broaden my interpretation of this card.

Sophie

I think we all bring something to this study - personal experience, observations of the card, knowledge of plants, knowledge of the human heart... that's why it's so interesting to study these cards together :)

I often read these threads and think - wow, that's such a great observation! For example - when you mentioned your Renfest Pirate, I immediately had a vision of you as a Miss Grapevine with an eyepatch and a parrot - it worked very well! Orgiastic moments are ALSO something pirates might "get" :D

Barbaras Ahajusts

Fudugazi said:
...Since all plants have a spirit (in my experience), it follows that the vine does too - and it is a very powerful spirit. Maybe too powerful for humans, sometimes.

Oh the vine!
We have an old, old vine growing acrossed from our property. It's Wild Mustang Grapes. The birds love them. The tree trimmers on the other hand didn't appreciate what they were doing to the limbs they had to dispose of.

Needless to say, when they trimmed up the trees the vine, the mother of the entire family, was injured. If there were any grapes, they weren't the yrs before amount!

It's almost like it's saying, DAMN, that hurt! Just for that, I'm not putting out! :laugh:
On a sad note, mother vine will need much more time to get back to what she had created over many years.

Barbara

Jewel

Fudugazi said:
I often read these threads and think - wow, that's such a great observation! For example - when you mentioned your Renfest Pirate, I immediately had a vision of you as a Miss Grapevine with an eyepatch and a parrot - it worked very well! Orgiastic moments are ALSO something pirates might "get" :D
*ROFLMAO* well I don't wear an eye patch but I do saunter like she is doing in the card *LOL*

Sophie

Jewel said:
*ROFLMAO* well I don't wear an eye patch but I do saunter like she is doing in the card *LOL*
Surely you mean "roll" as on the deck of a ship - that's her excuse and she's sticking to it! :laugh:

Jewel

Fudugazi said:
Surely you mean "roll" as on the deck of a ship - that's her excuse and she's sticking to it! :laugh:
~giggles~ ... well I actually did mean "saunter" ... Lady Jewel the Pirate is a tease not a floosie *LOL*.

But back to tying this back into Miss Grapevine, what I see is a fun free spirit not too concerned with anything but feeling good. Someone who actually really likes herself and loves life and all the things it offers, some to excess.