Does tarot attract any (bad) spirits?

Psy

Umbrae said:
Reading since 1972.

Have never done ‘riturals’.

As the thread titile is ‘Does tarot attract any (bad) spirits?” it now seems we are moving out of does it attract and into ‘What I do to keep them demons away from me…”

Even with a subject change. “None of the above” is the correct answer.

Stick around long enough and you'll see that the folks busy 'protecting' themselves often feel drained and washed out after ONE reading.

Well what the heck ya think's gonna happen if you roll yourself up in a giant condom and protect yourself from the universe itself - which is trying to give you the universal energy that you need! Putting yourself in that giant condom of life is nothing more than an invitation for the real dangerouscritters out there..."Ooooo a 'seal a meal" If we truly needed protection from the universe - we'd...damn...look at the teeth on tha

(Editors note: poster appears to have been eaten by a large frog like demon).

Aaaaaaahahahahahahaahahahaha XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Condecorated the biggest lol so far XD!!!!!!

Ahhhhmmm... on topic? Sure, i sure can give on topic comments!
Erhhhmmm.......
Let's see...........

!

I dont believe in bad spirits. I dont even believe in loose spirits :p!
I always wondered why anyone would...

John

214red

nisaba said:
Or you are permanently protected anyway and don't need to do anything extra.
nope, because everything wears down, like wearing a coat everyday for years, one day it will wear down and then breakdown

ideely

"Even with a subject change"

Give those of us who are wandering around the perimeter of the subject a break! If we restricted ourselves to the subject, simply answering the question, "Does Tarot attract and (bad) spirits", this thread would be a simple list of yes's and no's - mostly no's.

Granted, if we stuck to the subject, the thread would not be as long; it also would not be generating so many replies.

le fey

214red said:
nope, because everything wears down, like wearing a coat everyday for years, one day it will wear down and then breakdown

Unless it's more like skin than a coat you take on and off, and it renews itself wthout conscious effort. (The skin I have now isn't what I was born with, but my having skin is - I hope - a permanent feature of being alive)

214red

back to the original subject

le fey said:
Unless it's more like skin than a coat you take on and off, and it renews itself wthout conscious effort. (The skin I have now isn't what I was born with, but my having skin is - I hope - a permanent feature of being alive)
if your doing any sort of mental mediumship (clairvoyance etc) or physical mediumship then its not like your skin and it doesnt just renew itself.

if you dont do any of the above then its unlikely you can attract any spirits unless you ask for any spirit help when reading.

nisaba

214red said:
if you dont do any of the above then its unlikely you can attract any spirits unless you ask for any spirit help when reading.
Why would you WANT to attract spirits when you haven't asked for spirit help???

214red

nisaba said:
Why would you WANT to attract spirits when you haven't asked for spirit help???
i said that if you ask for spirit help when reading then you are open the possibility of attracting negitive spirits/energy to you.

some people ask for spirit help when reading cards, i dont normally but i know some people do, or they as for angels etc.

Alta

It is quite clear from long reading here that many do invoke spirits when reading, I do occasionally myself. There is no point in taking the stance that what I do is what everyone does though.

But, does tarot *attract* bad spirits? My experience is no, it doesn't. I speculate that in using something like Ouija board, you are in effect always invoking spirits. Tarot is a much more meditative process, more inner and imo does not automatically invoke anything, that is the choice of the reader. And maybe sometimes the querent, who may bring a little something extra to the table, so to speak.

Alta

ideely

It is quite clear from long reading here that many do invoke spirits when reading, I

I love the way Alta phrased her response. Each of us brings different sensitivities to the art of Tarot. Whether or not one invokes spiritual aid or protection is a personal preference.

Do the cards attract evil spirits? I doubt it but I fully support the right of others to do what makes them comfortable and effective in the process of reading and interpreting Tarot. Except for the very snarky comments, I also support the right of those who don't believe in invoking aid to share their rationale.

There it is - my freedom of expression rant!

nisaba

ideely said:
I love the way Alta phrased her response.
Oh yes, she doesn't post all that often, but when she does I sit up and take notice. There are a few people around like that - I value all of them highly, even though they are all markedly different to each other.