1JJ for "best ever" deck

Debra

Marseille tarots never win the Aeclectic voting for "best of all time." We're supposed to list a particular version or publisher and perhaps because there are so many, it just never works out.

I am campaigning (agitating) for any and all Marseille fans to vote for the 1JJ Swiss as "best of all time."

Why the 1JJ Swiss? It's probably the most familiar to people around the world, it's been in print forever, it's cheap to buy new and even cheaper used, and we gotta start somewhere.

Also, I like it :laugh:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/1jj-swiss/

gregory

Well, I DID vote for a TdM style for FAVOURITE, actually. Just not that one. :D

Sorry - it is too late to change my vote now !

Le Fanu

I'm with you on this one Debra. :thumbsup:

Think of tarot and I think of this. Heck, the world thinks of tarot and the world thinks of this.

Growing up in the 70s, when these titles came on, Saturday night, Tales of the Unexpected, something in me shuddered. It was these titles which started a love affair with tarot which just keeps getting stronger. These titles still give me goose pimples.

Fairy decks come and go, Celtic journeying comes and goes but nothing strikes the heart with unease quite like the 1JJ Swiss.

From an age when nobody worried about "scaring" their clients with a stark Death card. Before touchy-feely *gentler* decks diluted the market }). The 1JJ calls a spade a spade.

Yes, 1JJ Swiss. the Best Ever. The definitive tarot deck.

gregory

I LOVED that show and those titles. But that is ONE weird clip, Leffy.....

Aerin

Well hmmm definitive... but yes I watched it too :)

My first idea of tarot was mainly from this film

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Terror's_House_of_Horrors

and I have no idea what the deck was, definitely a Marseilles though from what I remember of the Death card.

I don't remember ever seeing a pip card though so I wouldn't have known what a whole deck looked like...

Le Fanu

gregory said:
I LOVED that show and those titles. But that is ONE weird clip, Leffy.....
LoL I know! I posted it because of the titles, then saw the home made clip afterwards! :D oops!

gregory

There's a pic at the side of the page you linked - it is indeed a TDM - looks Grimaud... though the backs are wrong...

Le Fanu

Aerin said:
Well hmmm definitive... but yes I watched it too :)

My first idea of tarot was mainly from this film

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Terror's_House_of_Horrors

and I have no idea what the deck was, definitely a Marseilles though from what I remember of the Death card.

I don't remember ever seeing a pip card though so I wouldn't have known what a whole deck looked like...
Gosh I never saw that. I'd love to know what the deck was. From the tiny image it looks a bit Grimaud Marseilles...

Amanda

I've thought about getting into this system, and considered buying this deck to introduce myself to it. Just never got around to it. I quite like it actually. Not sure I should vote for something I've never experienced myself though- it seems deceptive to do so. :p

Debra

Amanda_04 said:
Not sure I should vote for something I've never experienced myself though- it seems deceptive to do so. :p

:laugh:

Maybe a bribe instead? ;)