what deck do i get?

Dwaas

If a deck is "calling" I think you should answer it. :)
But then again, you might consider the Fey as well! Loosely based on RWCS, it is drawn breathtaking beautifull, a well for fantasy and inspiration and in a way totally different from any other deck.

Or you could buy them both of course :) :)

Blessings!

truelighth

Dwaas said:
If a deck is "calling" I think you should answer it. :)
QUOTE]

I agree. If a deck is "calling", it is for a reason. My very first deck was the Hanson-Roberts deck. I saw it, I fell in love, I had to have it. When I went to the shop to buy it, there were so many others that I got tempted to buy another one and ignore the call of the Hanson-Roberts. Within the hour I returned it and got the Hanson-Roberts after all. I haven't ever regretted it.

Emeraldgirl

Both })

Seriouly though I think if the RWS is calling your name out then that's what you should go for.

SunriseDesire

:)

thanks guys. i now know what to do

lunakasha

I think you should go with your gut....if the Rider Waite is calling, go for it!!!

I personally don't care for the coloring of the original RWS, but I have the Radiant Rider Waite and love it. The Universal Waite and Diamond Tarot are also nice versions of the RW....and the Gilded and Hanson Roberts are lovely alternatives and excellent reading decks.

And I would agree that the Fey Tarot might be a nice compromise between the symbolism of the Rider Waite and the fantasy element you are looking for. It is gorgeous and (from what I've heard here) very intuitive to read with. Good luck and happy hunting!

:) Luna

Amandajane

I agree go with RWS as you should always go with your intuition.
I wish I had I wouldn't have struggled with different decks if I had gone with my original hunch I would have been as happy as I am now with my Robin Wood deck that originally called out for me.