1JJ Swiss

Lee

I too have always gotten e-mail invoices from Alida after ordering, but I haven't ordered in several months so I don't know if they've changed their policy.

-- Lee

BlueLotus

I still get e-mail confirmations and invoices from Alida to this day. This confirmation though will not be automatic or right away after you place your order ; it may take a few hours, with details of shipment.

The last I ordered was just a few days ago, and I am still waiting for their latest decks to arrive.

gregory

BlueLotus said:
I still get e-mail confirmations and invoices from Alida to this day. This confirmation though will not be automatic or right away after you place your order ; it may take a few hours, with details of shipment.

The last I ordered was just a few days ago, and I am still waiting for their latest decks to arrive.
Me too - frustration. It is usually so fast. Maybe it is snowing in San Marino..... :cool4:

Emily

You know that is strange - I've never had Alida emails - I checked all my kept emails yesterday, going back a few years, and I didn't find any. When I order from them next, I'll have to make sure that they have my email address - its probably me missing it off from the order form somewhere lol

Moongold

What do emails have to to do with the IJJ Swiss :)?.

Do all the cards have subtitles by the way? Can anyone advise?

gregory

Moongold said:
What do emails have to to do with the IJJ Swiss :)?.

Do all the cards have subtitles by the way? Can anyone advise?
No they don't, just titles. (Unless I have signally failed to understand the question.....)

E-mails - we sort of got sidetracked into orders from alida.... Sorry, Moongold. Will try to do better. :|

Moongold

gregory said:
No they don't, just titles. (Unless I have signally failed to understand the question.....)

E-mails - we sort of got sidetracked into orders from alida.... Sorry, Moongold. Will try to do better. :|
Good, Gregory :D.

I was peeved because I kept getting called back to this thread only to find it had become about Alida Store's emailing invoices and statements, not about the IJJ itself or anything remotely like it.

I don't watch many threads :).

Edited to add: We don't get the full text of posts at Aeclectic in email notifications. If we did I wouldn't have been concerned. It is still sometimes quite hard to connected to ATF and I was getting tired of going to all that trouble only to find a post about Alida Store's accounting methods, not the IJJ.

Emily

Sorry it was me too - I sort of got sidetracked off the original 1JJ Swiss post.

There was one thing though - I didn't realise that you could still get the French version of the 1JJ until I went to the Somerville site. I have the English version as well as the French and it does give the deck a really different feel - also the card stock and lamination are different from the older French decks.

Moongold

Thanks Emily ~

I would prefer French titles. They do give a different feel :)

Emily

Also the Waddingtons deck is really nice quality, I can't see the lamination on them but they shuffle and slide nicely. I think its because Waddingtons had been making playing cards for a long time and they gave the 1JJ Swiss the same quality cardstock as a deck of playing cards.

The other French deck I have is the one I've had for over 23 years, put out by Stuart Kaplan and not as old as the Waddingtons, and they shuffle badly and stick together. You can tell there is no lamination on these.