M'arse Says

BodhiSeed

Yes, my original intention was for it to have Marseilles titles (and I might need help on this since I don't speak French!). I just started putting puns on the deck when I thought the HP reminded me a bit of Mother Shipton. And and then things got out of hand. :D

Regarding the serious deck, I'm posting 2 layouts for the minors' texts. Which of them is better?

Also: to box or not to box (and just sock? :D)? Once the deck is done, should I have it packaged in a box or just shrink-wrapped? The former costs and additional US$2.75 while the latter is free.

My gosh, I love both the "badage" and regular versions of this deck! Of the two layouts above, I prefer the one with IIII at the top and Epee at the bottom. I also prefer a box for my cards to protect them, but not having one would not deter me from buying the deck. :) PLEASE post in the advertisements thread when you complete one or both. These are "not to be missed" decks. :D
ETA: Elendil (who "runs" the Deck of the Week thread) speaks French fluently and is in fact over in France now with a group of his students. I bet he'd be glad to help with the language.

blue_fusion

As an alternative, I'm thinking of just providing free downloadable printable pdfs which contain a DIY box design people can print on the thickest cardstock their printers allow (the Game Crafter has a free box template).

Wendywu

Yep - because most people put yummy decks in bags anyway!

blue_fusion

Two pun-less, uncolored aces.

Attachments

• uncolored aces.jpg
    uncolored aces.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 154

BodhiSeed

As an alternative, I'm thinking of just providing free downloadable printable pdfs which contain a DIY box design people can print on the thickest cardstock their printers allow (the Game Crafter has a free box template).

Perfect! :thumbsup:

Annabelle

The added cost of the box is so minimal that I'd recommend including it. As a deck collector, I strongly prefer my decks in boxes -- for protection and for easy identification.

Nina*

This is BRILLIANT! Want!!!

baylys

Thanks to Wendywu for introducing me to this deck. I LOVE IT!!!!! Especially the punny version. I would prefer to pay a couple of dollars more to get it in a box.

I would be keen to buy both copies

Wendywu

Heh - knew you'd want it once you saw it :D

blue_fusion

Do you guys think the sample "badage" works? I've a couple more. I'd like to "test" them on people first. Any volunteers?

I'm also noting your suggestions/preferences (with box, "normal" tarot sized, etc.)