The Moon Deck: an intuitive oracle set

G6

There's a heavy self work theme to the deck, but the guidebook does say you can use it for others. I've found what works best for me is pulling a single card for the theme of the reading and then two or more additional cards to fill in the details surrounding that topic. I think it's a fantastic daily card pull type deck and also as a guidance type deck when used with tarot similar to how other readers work with other oracle decks and tarot, if that makes sense.

You pull one from Moon Deck then a few tarot cards to fill in the reading? That sounds interesting, so the Moon Deck card is the underlying issue that needs to be worked through and the tarot cards are the nuts and bolts of the situation? Is this how most oracle/tarot card readings work together?

DaughterOfDanu

You pull one from Moon Deck then a few tarot cards to fill in the reading? That sounds interesting, so the Moon Deck card is the underlying issue that needs to be worked through and the tarot cards are the nuts and bolts of the situation? Is this how most oracle/tarot card readings work together?

it's how I've always incorporated oracle cards into readings :) It helps add background detail to the subject card. I find most oracle decks to be very open ended and almost vague, which works for personal readings as you're able to know what the card is referring to, but when it comes to reading for others I need some help expanding on whatever the subject card may be. Which is where tarot cards come in, adding the who, what, when, where, and why to the reading.

G6

Short Review

I got this deck. Really impressive high quality deck. It's expensive, one of the most expensive decks I've purchased, but I wanted to get it before it goes OOP if they don't reprint or it doesn't get picked up. A publisher should pick it up though. I only wish these oracle decks came with more cards. Why do they only do 40ish? They should have twice as many like AJ commented earlier. If it's a matter of timing then they should do PART II decks where they are the exact same size/finish, so they can be integrated with the first deck.

Citrin

Why do they only do 40ish? They should have twice as many like AJ commented earlier. If it's a matter of timing then they should do PART II decks where they are the exact same size/finish, so they can be integrated with the first deck.

I agree! I prefer decks to have at lest 55-60 cards! I mean, if you use the deck every day you're bound to see each card and the more cards the more fun haha. ;)

It's a very pricy deck, especially if you're outside the US. Thankfully I got it in a trade... I wish I had the one with the pouch, even though the wooden box is beautiful I find those type of boxes just take up space for me hehe.

I love how this deck has a very magical and soulful feeling. I was afraid it would feel shallow and like a simple affirmations deck, but it really is not! It has so much substance and I'm so glad I have it.

DaughterOfDanu

I got this deck. Really impressive high quality deck. It's expensive, one of the most expensive decks I've purchased, but I wanted to get it before it goes OOP if they don't reprint or it doesn't get picked up. A publisher should pick it up though. I only wish these oracle decks came with more cards. Why do they only do 40ish? They should have twice as many like AJ commented earlier. If it's a matter of timing then they should do PART II decks where they are the exact same size/finish, so they can be integrated with the first deck.

Just a guess but I think the whole 44 cards comes from the DV angel oracle days where repeating 4's were said to be numbers that resonated with angels/angelic energy. I think it just stuck and became an unspoken standard of oracles.

I'd like more cards as well- like the Soul Trees Oracle which has I think 80 cards in their latest edition. But I feel like this deck isn't necessarily lacking. If they come out with more cards I'll be super thrilled if they keep the same dimensions and backs so I can integrate it with the already published one.

sevenfires

Sorry for the late response. I resurrected this thread and then didn't log back on to the forum for a while.

Lately I've been using this along with tarot for new moon and full moon readings. First I do the tarot reading, then at the end I draw a card from The Moon Deck with sums things up and serves as my affirmation for the next couple of weeks. For the full moon earlier this week I got "I shed habits that hinder my truth, I release and renew".

Luna's Crone

I want this deck SO bad but the funding goal is insanely high. Not sure if I'll back it because the chances are slim of them hitting $48k.

well you are right they only hit $47,907

but it doesn't say where to go after indigo campaign is over.