New deck, Hexen 2.0

fallingstarheart

I was browsing amazon for some decks and I noticed this one, it looks very interesting although I wouldn't even try to read with it, ti seems a good collectors item if you're into those subjects.

http://www.suzannetreister.net/HEXEN2/HEXEN_2.html

http://www.deathbekind.com/images/hexen/Suzanne Treister-1.pdf

"HEXEN 2.0 specifically investigates the participants of the seminal Macy Conferences (1946-1953), whose primary goal was to set the foundations for a general science of the workings of the human mind. The project simultaneously looks at critics of technological society such as Theodore Kaczynski/The Unabomber, the claims of Anarcho-Primitivism and Post Leftism, Technogaianism and Transhumanism and traces precursory ideas of Thoreau, Heidegger, Adorno and others in relation to visions of utopic/dystopic futures from science-fiction literature and film.

Based on actual events, people, histories and scientific projections of the future, and consisting of alchemical diagrams, a Tarot deck, photo-text works, a video and a website, HEXEN 2.0 takes us to a hypnotic, mesmerising space of early technological fantasy to hallucinate feedback from the past from where one may imagine and construct possible alternative futures. "

AJ

sounds just the thing for the conspiracy theorists amongst us. Cards for warfare and mass control ~ I only see the one card but it reminds me of the one with the long thread here by Christine something, and the Alstrops decks.

Wee_Gypsy

I only see the one card but it reminds me of the one with the long thread here by Christine something, and the Alstrops decks.

Thats what I was thinking AND wondering, does this deck feature Alchemical artworks, if so, I AM interested...I ADORE The Tarot of the Holy Light, let me know, because I only see the one card too
Thanks
Wee_Gypsy

fyreflye

Wowie Zowie! A tarot deck designed by an anarchist! This could definitely be my thing, but I wonder if in the meantime somebody has actually bought this deck and can give us more information. It's cheap and I'll buy it no matter what you normals do, but I'll need it before the upcoming US sham election :D

AJ

makes some toast and tea and waits for fyreflye

gregory

Wowie Zowie! A tarot deck designed by an anarchist! This could definitely be my thing, but I wonder if in the meantime somebody has actually bought this deck and can give us more information. It's cheap and I'll buy it no matter what you normals do, but I'll need it before the upcoming US sham election :D

Me too - not that I get to vote. I LOVE conspiracy theory })

karenquilter

Gregory, have you bought it yet?
K

Elendil

No. But only because it isn't OUT for a few more days }) (it says available 23 Feb !)

Amazon (uk) have it listed for availability from tomorrow (20th Feb) at £12.95 (with free delivery)