elements/directions & time spread

olasidonia

i can't imagine that this has never been done before, it seemed so obvious and simple. but when i was having trouble with a more traditional spread, i thought of this for myself. i've used it for what i refer to as a "state of being" type of reading when i'm just checking in with myself as sometimes i can get wrapped up into my routines and obligations that i become disconnected.

the layout is something like a cross:

---4---
-3-5-1-
---2---

and each card corresponds with a specific direction/element/aspect of life (i numbered them in the order which i lay them out).

position 1 is east/air representing the state of mind/mental well-being
position 2 is south/fire for the spiritual state & creative life
position 3 is west/water for emotional life & relationships
position 4 is north/earth for physical well-being & material life (i.e. finances, etc.)
position 5 at the center is sort of the aether/universe card and represents the "overall" state of being (i occasionally omit this card, but most of the time use it).

i also now use this same layout when i'm thinking of pursuing something major or am considering a larger goal (and not sure if it's worth the risk or potential consequences). but the positions correspond with time and progression.

position 1 (dawn) tells me what i need to know about the situation before i proceed
position 2 (noon) tells me what i can hope to gain from it
position 3 (dusk) tells me what action to take/how to make it happen
position 4 (night/end of day) tells me any loose ends i need to tie up or any final steps i should take once what's done is done
position 5 tells me the impact it will create
(sometimes i do this without position 5 and position 4 takes on that meaning)

the first one has been especially helpful for me, particularly with identifying any potential physical issues before they become real problems because i'm always on the go. the second one is not one i use frequently but the few times i have it's been pretty crystal clear.

Hemera

This is a nice looking spread.:thumbsup:
There are some other element/directions/time spreads that you might find interesting in our Tarot Spreads Index -most of them are under "Elemental" and a few direction spreads are under "Nature and Animals".