Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

What Are You Currently Reading?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Citizen

ihcoyc 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
Knight's A Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism was one of my first esoteric tarot books back in the '70s. I never noticed what some people now consider his non-PC attitude.
Dion Fortune is three times as bad in that department as Knight. I pity the foo' who got stuck with an impractical guide to Qabalistic symbolism.
Top   #251
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

I bought a couple of really good books a couple years ago, but haven't ever actually read them front to back. That's my goal right now, as of this morning, to read them front to back instead of just here and there. I always have so many books I plan to read but never quite catch up with my planned reading so I just "dabble" in them and put them aside to "read later".

The two books are Cartomancy with the Lenormand and the Tarot. The other one is Tarot Beyond the Basics. Both books are packed with information that's very interesting and useful for a reader who is experienced beyond just the basics and is ready to move on to more advanced information.
Top   #252
Citizen

MysticMoonlight 
Citizen

Gateway to the Divine

I started reading 'Gateway to the Divine' the book that accompanies the 'Legacy of the Divine' deck by Ciro Marchetti and I love it (and the deck as well). Ciro gives his take/view on the card meanings and then several other Tarot professionals give their thoughts/views on each card as well. It's really refreshing and I find the different perspectives quite helpful and insightful...it really helps open up the cards and the "story" seems to flow quite easily. Big, big fan of this book and I just started!
Top   #253
Citizen

Redfaery 
Citizen

Reading a number of books at the moment! Anthony Louis's "Tarot Beyond the Basics" and the guide he wrote for Llewellyn, but I'm really focusing on Place's "The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination." All excellent.
Top   #254
Citizen

minotaur 
Citizen

Benebell Wen wrote the excellent book, "Holistic Tarot" which I have read different parts of but currently I am reading her book "The Tao of Craft". It is on the history, culture and use of Fu Sigils. Though it is about 600 pages I find it quite fascinating and am reading it from front to back.
Top   #255
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

Re-reading Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom and Tarot Wisdom by Rachel Pollack. It's time to wrestle the Rider-Waite beast.
Top   #256
Resident

Late Starter 
Resident

Just started Spiritual Tarot - Seventy-eight Paths to Personal Development by Echols, Mueller, and Thomson.
Top   #257
Citizen

RiverRunsDeep 
Citizen

Reading the companion book for the Bohemian Gothic Tarot. Love, love, love!! Very well written, plus lots of extra details, thought-provoking questions, and several excerpts from famous gothic stories and books. My first experience with reading a Baba companion book, and I am quite impressed!

Also reading Christine Jette's "Tarot Shadow Work, Using the Dark Symbols to Heal". Provides a detailed and structured approach to shadow work, as well as some excellent tarot spreads, and meditation and journaling exercises.
Top   #258
Born Silver-Haired

linnie 
Born Silver-Haired

Oops... sorry... not tarot related...

In search of stones, m scott peck... I'm hoping it will point me to some amazing Sacred Circles/Standing Stones/Monoliths etc when we visit the UK etc
Top   #259
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

Before I get too busy, I shall be reading The Illustrated Guide to Tarot by Jane Lyle. The Rider Waite Smith is getting more and more captivating.
Top   #260

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.