Kickstarter deck - Faerie Enchantments

Tigerangel

I'm not sure if this the right place to post this as this isn't my deck I didn't post it the creation deck thread, but if the administration thinks it should be there please move thanks.

I was given a link today for a kickstarter Oracle deck, called the Faerie Enchantments https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iandaniels/faerie-enchantments/description

I just love the artwork work in it and have backed it, first time I have backed a kickstarter project, he has reached his funding total, so the deck will be going ahead.
I searched to see if anything was already on the forums about this but my search came up with no results, so thought I would share the link for anyone else who may want to back this deck or is interested in its concept.

Michellehihi

I am so sick of this kind of images. All fairies are young, sexy and beautiful. Obviously they must be fairies because in the real world, we are not like that.

Falcor

The artist is very talented, no doubt but it just looks like another verse of perfect+sexy+beautiful mermaids/vampires/goddesses/ fairies/whatever.

No offense but...The market of tarot and oracles is full with those in many variations. I personally can't find any life in those images, no plot, no character. Such a deck won't hold my interest.

Tigerangel

I like the style and the the concept of this deck, on the back of the image is associations to crystals, animals, colours ect also a rune association too, which can help you create your own rituals, spells ect, I think this deck has alot more going for it than just it's imagery and being used as a reading deck, for me I see it as more a deck for personal introspection.

Everyone has there own opinions and preference in deck styles and just because he has created other decks has no impact on the fact that this deck does speak to me on a more personal connection to earth spirits, and as I'm a very big fan of Luis Royo artwork that depicts alot of sexy beautiful woman, this deck flows along that style for me too.

Citrin

I've backed it. :) It seems like an interesting concept. Not sure it's for me, but the price was very reasonable and I'm curious, so why not! :)

Yeah, it's all "hot people" just like his Vampyres deck, but at the same I feel like; it's his choice? I mean, if that is how he wants his tarot and oracles to be like, who are we to say it's wrong? I came to the same conclusion about the Lumina recently, which got critiqued for having "too beautiful people" in it, where I just felt like: Who am I to say that isn't ok? Who am I to critique their spiritual expression and spiritual art? Maybe that's what there "world" (circle of friends, family, coven etc) looks like and that's why they are inspired in that way. If I don't like it, I can look away, I can do my own drawings that are more diverse or whatever.

I understand that people react, because we are bombarded with sexy, young, white people ALL the freaking time, and it's healthy to question that, but at the same time I feel that an artist gotta do what feels right for him/her.

I'm wondering if he will be recycling artwork from the ToV? I saw an image on the Kickstarter page containing a woman in red, with red hair I believe, which I am sure is from ToV... I hope it's all new art!

moonbear

Thanks for the link Tigerangel. Beautiful cards. I prefer them to the Tarot of Vampires and am seriously thinking of backing these.

I love beauty. I wish my local supermarket had enchanted fairies like these pushing their trolleys around:) It would make my weekly shopping trip very uplifting and not the depressing experience it usually is lol

moonbearxxx

Michellehihi

I've backed it. :) It seems like an interesting concept. Not sure it's for me, but the price was very reasonable and I'm curious, so why not! :)

Yeah, it's all "hot people" just like his Vampyres deck, but at the same I feel like; it's his choice? I mean, if that is how he wants his tarot and oracles to be like, who are we to say it's wrong? I came to the same conclusion about the Lumina recently, which got critiqued for having "too beautiful people" in it, where I just felt like: Who am I to say that isn't ok? Who am I to critique their spiritual expression and spiritual art? Maybe that's what there "world" (circle of friends, family, coven etc) looks like and that's why they are inspired in that way. If I don't like it, I can look away, I can do my own drawings that are more diverse or whatever.

I understand that people react, because we are bombarded with sexy, young, white people ALL the freaking time, and it's healthy to question that, but at the same time I feel that an artist gotta do what feels right for him/her.

I'm wondering if he will be recycling artwork from the ToV? I saw an image on the Kickstarter page containing a woman in red, with red hair I believe, which I am sure is from ToV... I hope it's all new art!
To answer you, first of all I reacted because this is a forum and the question was asked. Second, oracles are supposed to be spiritual beings who we turn to in order to get guidance in our life when things are tough, for example. If I have problem with my drug addict teenage son for example. What could those booby girls tell me? Of course if one only asks sugarcoated questions like "will B kiss me tonight" it could be an oracle for such a question.
Oracles are wise people who have lived, suffered and have became wise from their experience. I don't see any wisdom in these cards.

DDwarks

They are pretty cards but I agree with Michelle on that one.
I can't see any depth or wisdom in them. They feel very teenage like to me.