Lo Scarabeo Encyclopaedia on Kickstarter

GlitterNova

This is the first actual Kickstarter campaign I've ever backed! (It helps knowing it's already funded, lol). This book sounds wonderful, and it would only be better in hardcover.

gregory

Arrgghh. All stretch goals met - EXCEPT THE ONE I MOST WANT.

Tell all your friends. We HAVE to get the hard cover.

Now I have to find out how to vote for a bag as it is being done on F***book, and I don't go there.... (Never mind. They have just given me another option :D)

RiccardoLS

I know that STretch goals beyond the Hardcover will be added.

Also, the Campaign has been chosen by Kickstarter among the Staff Picks!
So it should get attention beyond the Tarot lovers. At least a bit...

Ric

gregory

I know that STretch goals beyond the Hardcover will be added.

Also, the Campaign has been chosen by Kickstarter among the Staff Picks!
So it should get attention beyond the Tarot lovers. At least a bit...

Ric
I love you :love: - but I don't CARE - as long as I get the hard cover. Seriously (and for you guys to think on for the next campaign) - I have a book that size in soft cover. I can't keep it upright on a bookshelf, as it sort of sinks and distorts - I have to lay it flat. That's a pain for storage !

But it's GREAT that it is doing so well. :thumbsup:

Kayla

I love you :love: - but I don't CARE - as long as I get the hard cover. Seriously (and for you guys to think on for the next campaign) - I have a book that size in soft cover. I can't keep it upright on a bookshelf, as it sort of sinks and distorts - I have to lay it flat. That's a pain for storage !

But it's GREAT that it is doing so well. :thumbsup:

Kicktraq has it 'trending' to a bit more than £35k--so the hardcover /should/ be no problem...and room for lots more stretch goals.

gregory

Kicktraq has it 'trending' to a bit more than £35k--so the hardcover /should/ be no problem...and room for lots more stretch goals.
:bugeyed:

Why not just run with vol 2 as of now :D

Oh wait - 35 is the number of places it moved up their list, not MONEY.

Kayla

:bugeyed:

Why not just run with vol 2 as of now :D

Oh wait - 35 is the number of places it moved up their list, not MONEY.

Trending toward £35,678

:D

I agree--heat up the presses for vol 2!

gregory

Trending toward £35,678

:D

I agree--heat up the presses for vol 2!
Where did you see that ? (I can't GET that site !) Linky, so I can follow other things. Mind, it's dangerous stuff. I saw a game I REALLY want - the postage is as much as the game, so I restrained myself. But I WANT....

Holy crap - just found it. WOW ! but it is levelling off.

Ah. Just read everything the guy has to say about it. The TREND means nothing really, as they always level off. The PROJECTION does - and it is for a low of £21,311 and a high of £32.837.

Either way we should get the hard cover :)

Kayla

Where did you see that ? (I can't GET that site !) Linky, so I can follow other things. Mind, it's dangerous stuff. I saw a game I REALLY want - the postage is as much as the game, so I restrained myself. But I WANT....

Holy crap - just found it. WOW ! but it is levelling off.

The leveling off is pretty typical of a Kickstarter--the mathematical model for 'trending'does look at that, though. The trend isn't a prediction, of course...more 'if everything stays the same, this is what you can expect.' Most of the projects I've backed have actually pulled in MORE than the early trends...once word gets out, momentum, etc. I wager there will be a jump when the hardback goal is reached--I suspect a lot of people are waiting for that to be a sure thing. There's also usually a big surge 2 days before the end because reminders are emailed out to people who 'starred' the project for later review.

Edit: for the games, it never hurts to pledge $1 and see if anyone is willing to split a 2-pack (if offered) to save on shipping--seems like gamers are often willing to help each other out. That's why I checked here to see if anyone wanted to do a split :) Of course there's a certain degree of faith that the other party will fulfill their part of the bargain, but I haven't seen it go bad (yet).

Deanne

New Stretch Goal

An update in case anyone is interested.

The hardcover goal is almost funded and LoS has added a new stretch goal for after that one.
From the kickstarter page:
"£19,000 : GO VIDEO All supporters will receive 8 hours of exclusive video classes with unique methods of tarot meditation, ritual and magick from Marcus Katz & Tali Goodwin, bringing the contents of the book to life!"

Sounds great!