Best Tarot books you've come across?

Little Hare

i recently perchused a tarot book which i',m getting into by paul fenton-smith called... the guide to advancted tarot reading

MeeWah

The Sacred Tarot Unveiled - Allyson Walsh

Tarot for Your Self - Mary K. Greer

Tarot Constellations - Mary K. Greer

Tarot of the Bohemians - Papus (English translation from the French)

The Tarot - Joseph Maxwell (English translation from the French)

Papus & Maxwell books good for both general Tarot & the Marseilles tradition.

Satori

One book not mentioned but that I'm reading and am finding very valuable is

Tarot Decoded
Understanding and Using dignities and Correspondances
by Elizabeth Hazel

I'm also fascinated by
Forest of Souls

and I'm finding 2 books written about how to design your own deck very valuable, one is

Inspiration Tarot by Fairfield/provo
I'm not using them for deck design specifically, but as study guides and to quiz myself about things I want to learn. I also record my own insights as well.

linabeet

quote from taortphelia -

Spiritual Tarot: Seventy-Eight Paths to Personal Development , Robert Miller, Sandra A. Thomson, Signe E. Echols M.S.

This sounds really good - how is it put together?

My favourite books are -

Tarot for Yourself - Greer

78 Degrees - Pollack

Tarot Handbook - Angeles Arrien
- great for thoth and court cards meanings. It works a lot with numerology life and year cards etc.

baba-prague

Another vote for Forest of Souls!

Recently I began reading some of the older books (such as Aarland Ussher's very short book on the Majors) just out of curiosity. I enjoyed them, but found that nothing really compares to the thoughtfulness of Forest of Souls.

Flavio

78 Degress of Wisdom:
This book helped me to give my first steps on reading reversals and a constant reference, the description and details explained help me to understand the cards and make my own mind about it besides the suggested meanings.

Thepautic use of Tarot by Veet Pramad:
I use to have trouble reading a card in different positions of the CC, how can work the same card one time as past and the next as the outcome?, this book helped me to "breakdown" the card for each position.

My mother likes to give as a present Bach Flowers so with this book help me to suggest her some specific flowers according to reading, we are developing this nice relationship as healers.

Tarot and dream interpretation by Julie Gillentine:
I just can't understand my dreams at all!, this book gives me tools to start a personal dreams interpretation.

I hope the day had at least 25hours so I can start reading Forest of Souls...

WolfSpirit

Designing your own tarot spreads - Teresa Michelsen
This book taught me to look less rigid on spreads and just do my own thing.

Tarot your everyday guide - Janina Renee
This book centers on the advice meaning of the cards

Tarot of the Spirit - Pamela Eakins
Written for the TOS deck, but also has a lot of general info

Most of all I use my own notes, which have bits in it from other books and wisdom from all of you here at AT :*, gathered over the years and constantly under construction.

Phantom Goddess

I really like the book Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Luis, sorry for the crappy spelling, I am a bad speller and I don't have the book close at hand.

brennamor

If I had to list my favorite, most highly recommended books I guess they'd be:

Forest of Souls by Rachel Pollack
78 Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack
Tarot for Your Self by Mary Greer
Tarot Reversals by Mary Greer
Spiritual Tarot by Sandra Thomson et al
Professional Tarot by Christine Jette
Tarot for Self Discovery by Nina Lee Braden
Tarot Tells the Tale by Knighthawk (I just love how this book makes three card readings understandable and fun)

Of course there are others I'd recommend for different reasons but these would be a good starting point.

SilverWing

I also like

The Intuitive Tarot by Rickard Gordon with Dixie Taylor

Tarot For Self Discovery by Nina Lee Braden