Sweet Twilight -- 3 of wands

Sanctum_Priest

These girls clambering over the rocks towards the rising sun look like sirens or banshees to me. The LWB says "All hope feeds the dawn, the promise of a fresh new day. As each challenge slows our chase of the sun, we can pause, reflect on how far we've come and move on feeling renewed. Or not." I'm not sure these people chasng the sun are my kind of people!

Hemera

There is something a bit nightmarish in this card. I am thinking of very career oriented people who are clawing their way upwards and not having fun at it.

Attachments

• Three of Wands.jpg
    Three of Wands.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 692

Hemera

Hmm.. This deck seems to have lots of such "coincidences". I wonder if it is because the artist has been very heavily influenced by those particular pieces of art (this card, the Willy Wonka card, 6 of Swords..) or because the artist has reached some kind of archetypal level where these symbols are similar and can be reached by all? (If you know what I mean)

Sanctum_Priest

This is fascinating. I'm going to see if I can find some more "coincidences."

Stand by. SP.

Hemera

Sanctum_Priest said:
This is fascinating. I'm going to see if I can find some more "coincidences."

Stand by. SP.
LOL:) I´m looking forward to hearing about your findings.

Aerin

Hemera said:
There is something a bit nightmarish in this card. I am thinking of very career oriented people who are clawing their way upwards and not having fun at it.

Yesa, I can see this.

Regarding the influences, this is the one reason a book would be great. The LWB is perfect for everything else.

enchanted spirit

As a serious Led Zeppelin fan, I gotta say that I was shocked by the similarity of this card to the Houses of the Holy album cover. Now I have the song "Houses of the Holy" stuck in my head . . . except that song is actually on Physical Graffiti. Anyway, the album Houses of the Holy is my absolute favorite in the entire world, and "Over the Hills and Far Away" is my absolute favorite song in the entire world, from Houses of the Holy. Sorry, a little tangent there . . . but this is the 1st time one card totally sold me on a tarot deck . . . this is amazing! I LOVE IT!!!!!

The LWB talks about the dawn, and chasing the sun, I hadn't thought about the 2 of wands that way, but I like it. I think that is a very good image for that idea. I see the people climbing the rocks, on their way to their goal. Will they make it?

Aerin

The deck has a lot of art references in it and we've only scratched the surface of finding them I think.

Sanctum_Priest

enchanted spirit said:
As a serious Led Zeppelin fan, I gotta say that I was shocked by the similarity of this card to the Houses of the Holy album cover.

I could have believed that it was a coincidence if it weren't for the fact that Hemera pointed out something that simply cannot be, that is the angel on the stretcher in 6 of Swords which must have been influenced by the Simberg painting.

I have to say, though, that apart from the "coincidences" already reported, which is probably about half a dozen, I haven't found anything else.