Ancient Italian Tarot

sapienza

Thanks Le Fanu and firefrost :)

faunabay

Alan Ross said:
In the US, Bob Patterson's Carte Karuta still has copies of both decks in stock:

http://www.carte-karuta.com/catalog/

Alan
Yep, this is who I tried to order it from last week, and he sent the wrong deck. LOL

And now after sapienza talks about her experience with them, I might just have to break down and get it NOW!! What was that thought about waiting 2 weeks before buying another deck??? pish!!! }) It's just I can't find them anywhere else but from Bob and feel if I don't get it now I might be out of luck later.

sapienza

Not that I want to encourage you, as I know you are trying hard to resist, but my concern is that it does seem to be getting harder to find. I'm trying hard to resist getting myself a third copy, which I know would just be crazy. But now I had such a great experience reading with it I'm wondering if two copies will last me forever. If only decks never went OOP then my life would be easier and my bank balance would be a lot healthier.

emmsma

I think I need to stop following this thread. Its getting to be expensive.

faunabay

sapienza said:
Not that I want to encourage you, as I know you are trying hard to resist, but my concern is that it does seem to be getting harder to find. I'm trying hard to resist getting myself a third copy, which I know would just be crazy. But now I had such a great experience reading with it I'm wondering if two copies will last me forever. If only decks never went OOP then my life would be easier and my bank balance would be a lot healthier.
Crap! Crap! Crap!

Alan Ross

faunabay said:
Yep, this is who I tried to order it from last week, and he sent the wrong deck. LOL

And now after sapienza talks about her experience with them, I might just have to break down and get it NOW!! What was that thought about waiting 2 weeks before buying another deck??? pish!!! }) It's just I can't find them anywhere else but from Bob and feel if I don't get it now I might be out of luck later.

I'm really sorry to hear about your bad luck with Carte Karuta :(. This is where I got my copies of both the Ancient Italian and the LS Tarot of the Master, as well as a copy of the Il Meneghello Minchiate Fiorentine "Etruria." Have you tried getting in touch with Bob?

Alida still has copies of the LS Ancient Italian Tarots, but I drew a blank when I searched for "Tarot of the Master" and "Vachetta."

Alan

SolSionnach

emmsma said:
I think I need to stop following this thread. Its getting to be expensive.
Oh, I know! Luckily I have the decks I need already, but there's the "omg, in the future I'll probably really want X and Y and Z omg omg omg... and I need a gazillion copies of X, oh, and A and B and C omg omg omg", and that's hard to resist.
But really. How many tarot decks does one need? (Gregory, don't answer that!)

(I've got to keep pulling out my faves and remember that I'm happy with them)
faunabay said:
Crap! Crap! Crap!
:) Woman, just stop that. Take some deep breaths.... Keep breathing... and head to the deenabling thread!

faunabay

Alan Ross said:
I'm really sorry to hear about your bad luck with Carte Karuta :(. This is where I got my copies of both the Ancient Italian and the LS Tarot of the Master, as well as a copy of the Il Meneghello Minchiate Fiorentine "Etruria." Have you tried getting in touch with Bob?

Alida still has copies of the LS Ancient Italian Tarots, but I drew a blank when I searched for "Tarot of the Master" and "Vachetta."

Alan
Oh Yes!!!! He was very nice about it. Apologized and since I decided to go ahead and keep the Book of Thoth he sent instead, gave me a $10 refund!!! So I will definitedly still shop with him!!!

As a matter of fact......I just can't stand it!!! I'm off to rebuy the Ancient Italian!!!

I'm getting nervous there won't be any copies when I want to buy one later. So just can't do it!!!! My two weeks of no deck buying....down the tubes in no time flat!!! :p

emmsma

I haven't even been able to go a week.

SolSionnach

emmsma said:
I haven't even been able to go a week.
Girlfriend, perhaps it would help if you were to add up how much you've spent since you arrived at AT??

Perspective, I say! :D :D :D

Me? I'm doing my damnedest to not buy another AIT.