Touchstone - Death

stargazer

Death, the end, it’s over, finished, the lowest point.

The first time I saw this card there was an overwhelming feeling of sorrow and grief, but also of hope, that from this terrible time, when all hope is gone, things can only get better, because they can’t possibly be any worse!

Death holding the hourglass seems to be saying to the woman left behind, time is short, don’t spend the time that you have left in sorrow and grief, it is your time now, go live it to the max!

Bodhrah, I also thought that Death was holding a book! Thanks for clearing that up for us Lyn…
Need to go get my eyes tested lol!:(

tarotlyn

stargazer said:
Death, the end, it’s over, finished, the lowest point.

The first time I saw this card there was an overwhelming feeling of sorrow and grief, but also of hope, that from this terrible time, when all hope is gone, things can only get better, because they can’t possibly be any worse!

Death holding the hourglass seems to be saying to the woman left behind, time is short, don’t spend the time that you have left in sorrow and grief, it is your time now, go live it to the max!

Bodhrah, I also thought that Death was holding a book! Thanks for clearing that up for us Lyn…
Need to go get my eyes tested lol!:(
stargazer...excellent post on the "hourglass" timing the "left behind" person's existance!

The reason I could see a "banner" instead of a book was that I used my new
wonderful rolling, magnifying floor lamp to analyze it!:bugeyed::laugh:

:):heart:

stargazer

Hi Lyn

I think that I will have to get myself one of them!

morticia monroe

stargazer said:

Love that!

BodhiSeed

Stargazer, I love your take on this card too!

Tarotlyn, I'm about ready to invest in one of those magnifying lamps! They sound great!

If anyone gets ready to start a new card, please do so; I'm working two jobs now, so I can only pop in to AT at odd times.

happyphantom

bodhran said:
Hmmm... seems as if interest in the study group has fizzled. Either that or life has everyone too busy! :)
Agh.. I'm here! I've just been dealing with post-hurricane life and getting sick. ^_^

Yes, I love the hourglass as well, and I always identify with the woman who is slumped over.

BodhiSeed

colleenh86 said:
Agh.. I'm here! I've just been dealing with post-hurricane life and getting sick.
(((colleenh86))):heart: Hope you're are feeling better (and recovering from the hurricane) so that you can join us soon!

All Is One

I have a lot to catch up on. I'm one of those who resists the reading glasses and also uses my cards in the bedroom, very little light. So I cant see a banner either.

I don't have anything to add to the great comments that are already here except to say how much I love the skeleton and its face.

When everyone was trying to find Umbrae in this deck and Kat said to look at the eyebrows, I was staring at the skull's brow area and seeing Umbrae.

I was wrong :)

BodhiSeed

All Is One said:
When everyone was trying to find Umbrae in this deck and Kat said to look at the eyebrows, I was staring at the skull's brow area and seeing Umbrae.
:D :D

minrice

I like this card, it doesn't have the kind of "ewey" feel for me that some of my other decks have. I don't automatically want to recoil upon seeing it! Death here doesn't look scary and I'm happy he doesn't have his ever present scythe and he isn't wearing a robe or armor or anything. He's just himself doing what he does. I like the colors too and how the card is illuminated in a way the others aren't. It's peaceful, like by candlelight. I can feel the heat from the fire or candles and smell the bedroom smells. I like it.