Orphalese Tarot Software

allibee

okie dokey :)

For those that will use it, it's a GREAT idea you had to get Aeclectic decks on there.
I could also see it as a VERY good tool for learning how to read the cards with. Plonk your fictional question in the shuffle, press the button and away you go. Press the button again and you get another completely different throw for the same question and spread ad infinitum.
Does it give you meanings for the cards?
Does it have one set meaning for each card of the particular deck I wonder, reversed or upright? Does it change meaning depending on position and question? These are the things I would have a hard time with....but as it has been said...each to his own, horses for courses....besides which, I wouldn't want to deprive Umbrae of yet another pleasant view of me with my head in the ground;)

Major Tom

allibee said:
Does it give you meanings for the cards?
Does it have one set meaning for each card of the particular deck I wonder, reversed or upright? Does it change meaning depending on position and question?

Actually, Allibee, it doesn't do any of these things.

You really should check it out before you provide us with your considerable opinion. :laugh:

cuddles

i downloaded it and played around with it for a while. but in the end i decided it's not really my thing.

i prefer to feel the cards in my hands, to shuffle them, and pick them up and look at them one by one when i'm trying to figure out what they are telling me. i would love to have some of the advantages of this kind of program...especially being able to look back over previous readings with ease, but to me it's not worth what i give up...the real cards in my hands. i feel like i am creating a relationship with my deck that couldn't exist with a program.

am i making this all too "wooo, oooo" full of magic and mystery? well, maybe because for me that's what it is :) and i love it!

Lee

I had downloaded and registered Orphalese in the past, but have since switched computers and only today got around to downloading it again.

I was wondering if anyone had scanned in decks and would be willing to swap. I just scanned in the Hadar Marseille, and would be willing to e-mail it to anyone who wants it, it doesn't even have to be a trade. Does anyone else have scanned-in decks they'd be willing to e-mail to other Aeclecticians?

Thanks --
Lee

Lee

The scans are bigger than I thought, and difficult to e-mail, so I'd better withdraw my offer. Also, I just read a review of this software which suggests that sharing scans of copyright-protected decks may violate the copyright. So, never mind! :)

-- Lee

paradoxx

I reinstalled "Tarot Magic" on my computer, and this computer has asound. i ahd the program installed on my old computer but hte sound didn't work, not a problem, i can read. but what i didn't know until now is that "Tarot Magic" has a built in and programmed voice that explains the general meanings of the cards in teh respective positions and reversals are of cours an option taht you can turn off. the backgroudn music is soothing and meditative, although the male voice is rather loud. the collection of non Rider Waite decks (Rider waite is included but they let you know that it is not a part of this "family" of decks) lets you get a feeling for something very powerful. you can even change the deck in teh middle of the reading and not have it reset, the position/card meanings remain the same but hte detail notes change wtih each deck.

Something about having the tarot read to you is helpful. I recommend this program as it is top notch.

I'll have to try this orpheous too.

Hedera

Orphalese tarot program trouble

Moderators, I'm not quite sure what the right forum would be for this thread, so please move if it's not appropriate! :)

I've downloaded the Orphalese tarot program a while ago (the free trial version).
I love the way it works and how it allows you to download different decks to use, but it's not working quite right.

Every time I've closed the program, and/or shut off the computer, and I want to open it again, instead of just opening the program it tries to intstall it again from a place on my harddisk. Which doesn't work, obviously.
The only way I can get it to run each time is to download it again from the site. Very annoying, because that means I have to customize it every time again, and very timeconsuming.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing it, but that didn't help.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Help!

jmd

I thought the person who programmed the Orphalese posted here, but my initial search did not reveal any finds...

I merged the threads as others who may use the programme may be able to assist - like Khatruman, I use a Mac, and thus cannot run a programme written for other platforms (unless I run an emulator - but why drop a notch ? ;)).

purple_scorp

Re: Orphalese tarot program trouble

Hedera said:
Every time I've closed the program, and/or shut off the computer, and I want to open it again, instead of just opening the program it tries to intstall it again from a place on my harddisk. Which doesn't work, obviously.
The only way I can get it to run each time is to download it again from the site. Very annoying, because that means I have to customize it every time again, and very timeconsuming.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing it, but that didn't help.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Help!

Hello Hedera.
It's a bit hard to answer you without knowing what operating system you have. Is it Windows 2000, XP, 98????

Are you saying that when you turn your computer on, it tries to install the program, or is it when you click on the desktop icon? If it's when you are turning on your computer, it sounds as though the setup.exe file might be in your Windows Startup folder. (That's assuming you have Windows). If it is trying to install when you are clicking on the desktop icon, it sounds as though the icon is pointing to the setup.exe file, rather than the "C:\Program Files\Orphalese\Orphalese Tarot\" folder (or whichever you have installed it from.

Try clicking Start, Programs. Is Orphalese listed there?

If you give me some more information, I'm happy to help.

Cheers
purple_scorp

Hedera

Hi Purple_Scorp,

I have Windows 98.

It doesn't try to install the program when I switch on the computer, but when I click on the icon on the toolbar, or when I try to start it up via 'start' --> 'programs' (yes, it's listed there. Same problem).
Basically, when I try to do what one normally does to start a program one has downloaded.

So, instead of opening, whatever I do, the thing attempts to install itself again. Grrrr!

I hope you can help...... :)