How is the Moon card related to romance?

finaflight

Has anymore here experience romance in relation to the Moon card?

The Moon xard as I understand it is about emotions and superstition. Emotions is connected to romance I understand - but I take this as kind of emotion in regards to the moon as a a kind of an scarey intense feeling.

If someone has had an experience or has read for someone that the moon card come up in romance - could you share it with me please.

Thanks
Cosmoline

Pook

I cant honestly say that I remember the moon coming up in a romantic way. have had it for relationship issues in a way that suggests some sort of illusion or even delusion.

I think that maybe romance itself is an illusion. It's a novelty in today's world, and one that not everyone experiences in thier life. It's like a dissmissable notion in a day full of business meetings or traffic jams. And even if you do experience a moment of romance, it's fleeting. There one minute and gone the next on your way out the door to deal with the next thing on time's agenda. Passion on the beach in the full moonlight is a beautiful thing, and no doubt alot of people have experienced it, but its more like the exception to the rule, a dream that eludes and escapes for most. Even for the once amorous couple who have been married, say, 20 years, romance is a fond memory that plays no part in their regular routine.

I'm not skeptical of romance, I enjoy it when it happens. But I dont expect flowers and champagne all the time. My husband does sweet and romantic things at times, but its not part of his regular nature, and it therefor becomes a shadow part of his personality, only showing in the exact right time and place.

Grizabella

I just wanted to say that my late husband was always, always a very romantic man. :)

As for having the Moon appear in romantic spreads, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking whether it indicates romance? Or are you just asking if it's appeared in readings where someone is asking about the possibility of romance?

lili

The moon in romance sometimes suggest thst things aren't the way we think they are, there is alot more to the romantic situation that what we think, this coudl be confusion, we don't have enough information about the other person real feelings, we may be too delusional thinking one thing when what is going on behind the scenes is completely different than what we think, this is my experience when the the moon card comes up on romantic readings.

.traveller.

I've had it come up showing a heavy emotional filter in a love reading. The person in question was so caught up in the intense feelings that they couldn't really see the actual person they professed to care for. That's not to say that there weren't genuine feelings involved, but reality was being overwhelmed by fantasy.

Thirteen

I think what's being asked here is why the moon, often a scary card about hallucinations, illusions, dangers, etc., would be connected with something so positive as Romance. And I think the answer given by pook and others is right on the money. I remember a friend who'd fallen in love. She talked endlessly about her boyfriend. She *gushed* about him. He was tall, handsome, an Adonis! Perfect in every way!

Well, finally, we met the guy. He was tall, kinda rolly-polly, glasses. Nice. And we all exchanged glances of disbelief and asked, "This is Adonis?" :D

When people first fall in love, when they are at their MOST romantic, they act like they're under some sort of spell. Bewitched by the light of the full moon--it's written up by the poets--poets, madmen...and those in love all go together. They're all lunatics. Willing to do crazy things, seeing the world in a totally different way from anyone else.

I mean think about it. Think of Knights on a quest killing dragons for a lady's favor, think of Romeo venturing in to the garden of his most dangerous enemies for just a LOOK at Juliet! That's the Moon in control there. Under an illusion, a magical spell, seeing the world by moonlight, acting like a lunatic. And *yes* they can very much be in danger or in a scary situation. They aren't thinking or seeing things clearly. But in the best of circumstances, they are also feeling a magic that parts veils and gives them a most rare, emotional power. Sooner or later, they'll see their lover as a person, not as an ideal...but if they don't lose the power of romance entirely, the union will be forever enchanted.

And everyone else, there in clear, rational daylight, stares at the Romantic and shakes their heads and wonders..."What does he see in her?" Such is the power of the Moon.

MysticalMoose

Yes I was thinking along the lines of confusion & perhaps wishful thinking....I found that this has come up in readings I have done for myself when I have been very confused about someones feelings, & maybe wondering where (if anywhere) a friendship/relationship could be heading......Also IMO it can indicate fluctuating emotions ina relationship a kind of on/off affair. Confusing & maybe even clandestine.....:)

EDIT: Thirteen I LOVE your take on this! :)

Pook

Thirteen said:
When people first fall in love, when they are at their MOST romantic, they act like they're under some sort of spell. Bewitched by the light of the full moon--it's written up by the poets--poets, madmen...and those in love all go together. They're all lunatics. Willing to do crazy things, seeing the world in a totally different way from anyone else.

Sooner or later, they'll see their lover as a person, not as an ideal...but if they don't lose the power of romance entirely, the union will be forever enchanted.
MysticalMoose said:
Yes I was thinking along the lines of confusion & perhaps wishful thinking....I found that this has come up in readings I have done for myself when I have been very confused about someones feelings, & maybe wondering where (if anywhere) a friendship/relationship could be heading......Also IMO it can indicate fluctuating emotions ina relationship a kind of on/off affair. Confusing & maybe even clandestine.....

Yes exactly! I'm glad you guys had a better way of saying that. My didnt come out exactly as I was thinking it....more skeptical than I am usually.

finaflight

Thank you everyone for your input!

When I first started this thread I had thought I remembered seeing in Thirteens list of Tarot Meanings, a mention of the word "romance" along side of illusion, dreams, things like that. But when I went back I couldn`t see the word anywhere.

I really should get my perscription filled so I can see once again :D

I had pulled the Moon card to clarify the 6 of cups - so thats interesting enough - all makes sense now.

Again thanks everyone - I can understand the card a lot better - and thank you Thirteen for popping in and making things crystal clear.

Cosmoline

Thirteen

cosmoline said:
When I first started this thread I had thought I remembered seeing in Thirteens list of Tarot Meanings, a mention of the word "romance" along side of illusion, dreams, things like that. But when I went back I couldn`t see the word anywhere.
LOL! After all the wonderful insights in this thread, maybe I should go back and add it in? That certainly was an oversight on my part.