Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

WishingWell

Our Touchstone Tarot arrived today; the deck is just breathtaking. I was so eager to have a looksee that I opened the package right in the car, while sitting in front of the post office. It's funny how some cards which have never been especially appealing to me, in the past, can be seen in a new light through the artist's vision. The Ace of Swords, for instance, has always been a card that I've found rather uninspiring (at least in the RWS), but THIS Ace of Swords is just stunning and fierce looking. It would lend a little welcome excitement to any reading. The expressions of the characters in the Touchstone are especially haunting. It's impossible not to study the face or faces portrayed in each card. They truly appear to know things.

Aside from the deck's beauty, it feels quite readable for those of us who are RWS oriented, so it is a perfect balance of form and function.

Unfortunately, I did not receive a signed and numbered card! Eek! I'm hoping to get this all squared away, soon. As it stands, I'm more than thrilled with the deck and all the goodies that came with it.

Thank you Kat, Leisa, Kat's mom, the anonymous benefactor, and everyone who made it possible for us to get our greedy little hands on this lovely work of art before 2009. Your hard work is sincerely appreciated (and admired).

Sinduction

This deck is really beautiful and quite the opposite of my normal taste.

Is the later version really going to be the size of standard playing cards or did I misread something?

JenniferAbe

My decks (142 & 143) arrived Monday, but I didn't even have time to open the box so I waited until later in the week to open them up and look through them when I'd really have more time to look at each card. It was worth the waiting and anticipation! I LOVE the deck and can't wait till I can really spend even more time with it. This has been said before, but the faces are so expressive, each time I look at the cards I feel as if the characters are really looking right at me (or into me). I am also noticing more subtle details in the cards every time I look at them. For example, on my first pass, I missed all the butterflies/moths on the sword cards, but now I see them all!

All of the goodies are fantastic and special too! The incense is particularly wonderful. Is anyone putting it in the bag with the cards? I'd love to have the cards pick up the smell, but I don't know the best method for doing this...putting the loose cone in the bag seems like a bad idea. :)

Thank you Kat for this wonderful deck and Leisa too for producing it! Oh, and Kat's mum for the bags, and the anonymous benefactor for helping make this deck a reality!

tarotlyn

WishingWell said:
... I was so eager to have a looksee that I opened the package right in the car, while sitting in front of the post office...
ROFLMAO :laugh::D:joke::bugeyed:... oh my...another "addicted" tarot person!!!
I can actually see you tearing open that TouchStone Tarot package!!!
...am sure a lot of us have been there and done that!!!

Again...this deck package was very exciting when opening up all the goodies!!!

Thanks again. Kat!

:):heart:tarotlyn

WishingWell

tarotlyn said:
ROFLMAO :laugh::D:joke::bugeyed:... oh my...another "addicted" tarot person!!!
I can actually see you tearing open that TouchStone Tarot package!!!
...am sure a lot of us have been there and done that!!!

Again...this deck package was very exciting when opening up all the goodies!!!

Thanks again. Kat!

:):heart:tarotlyn

Oh, I'm happily addicted to tarot. Guilty! :D Waiting is just too hard...You should see all the strange looks I get when I open a brand new deck in a restaurant, after a trip to the bookstore! I've actually had the wait staff come over to ask what I'm doing, what are the cards for, why do I have them? lol! I bet you know exactly what I mean! ;)

retrokat

Card size

Sinduction said:
This deck is really beautiful and quite the opposite of my normal taste.

Is the later version really going to be the size of standard playing cards or did I misread something?

I originally created the cards at playing-card size - but both the LE and MM, through the wizardry of modern technology, have been upscaled to a larger size. I'm not complaining, I don't think there's any noticeable lack of quality. Kunati have suggested that if there's demand they may also make a pocket version further down the track, but that the initial release will be a deluxe, full-sized version.

Having said that though, the deck's an unusual proportion for a tarot deck - shorter and wider - as it was actually designed for digital usage, and also because it's based on portraits.

HearthCricket

I love the size of this deck! I have small hands and this just seems to fit me like a glove! If the MM deck is bigger, I will still get it. Afterall, I have learned to manage the Tarot of Dreams quite well. But if you also do a pocket version, that would be so awesome!

Wore my agate necklace, today, and got lots of compliments!!!

All Is One

We drove to the store after dinner. My husband often gets a wild urge to check the mail at odd hours, and this was one of those nights. Our mail box is blocks away...
He's very cute, the way he dashes out of the car and runs to the locked rows of boxes. He orders lots of recording parts and things by mail, so there is usually something for him. I wasn't expecting my deck yet.
Not only did I get my Touchstone Tarot deck, bag, talisman, pen and incense all wrapped in crimson red paper (tudor red paper) but I got deck number 250.
Please don't ask me to explain this next comment, because I can't. Before I ordered the deck I looked at how many were left (back when Kat wrote a post on here and said something like 'there are about 250 left.') I decided to go look at the web site again and think it over. I knew when I read her post that I'd get deck number 250. Note: I did scroll back...before I ordered it she said there were about 208 decks left.
I'm not usually like this. It's not really important at all. Just interesting. The number doesn't signify anything to me, except being exactly half the total decks made...
Just so strange that when I read the post (I'll scroll back and see if I imagined that completely in a minute here) I saw the number 250 in my mind and knew what it meant. Then I put it out of my head until I opened the package.
Enough about that.
My bag is black velvet, with a peacock-like shimmery ribbon accent, and tudor red lining. I put the little plastic bag with the delicious smelling incense into the bag with my cards, put the black and silvery stone around my neck, and held the pen for awhile.
I'm a pen fanatic, and expected nothing from the pen. It's very heavy and such an interesting color. Much better than one can see in the photo.
I'm not going to waste any time...off to do a reading right now.

Thank you so much, Kat, Jasper, Kat's Mum, and the anonymous benefactor.

All Is One

I wasn't expecting this...either. I have the ace of swords tattooed on the outside of my left calf, it's about 11 inches long. The Thoth ace of swords, with the snake on the hilt, etc...
Kat's deck has a woman holding the sword and crown on her ace of swords. She looks a little bit like me, in a very idealized manner.
My cards are Judgement, Death and the Ace of Swords. Varying at times with other additions. Judgement was my third card in the reading.

This deck is quite difficult to put down.

MoonGypsy

Whew! All Is One! That is all too cool! What a great story! This deck is soooo incredible! Totally magickal! Ooooh the stories she is already starting to tell...i am honored to be apart of her little family...:heart:
And, as a little side note: yes, All Is One!!!