Granny Jones

dolphingirl

I have wanted the Granny Jones tarot for years. It has become an obsession with me (even though if I found it I probably couldn't afford it :( I have even looked online for images of the deck and they are few and far between.

So anyways my questions to you are, do you have this deck? Have you seen it in person? Were there more than two of this deck created lol? Is there anywhere online that I can see the whole deck that I havn't found?

Also if anyone else has this same problem, what is the one deck you want more than any other that is impossible to find?

Annabelle

I'm afraid I can't help you out with the Granny Jones . . . I've never been able to find many pictures of the cards, and I don't own a copy myself. Someone else here was talking about it not long ago, though . . . maybe it was Smokey? I think she had just gotten the Granny Jones or was about to.

I sympathize with you, though, about wanting a deck that seems impossible to find. Myself, I've been looking for the New York tarot and the Blue Rose tarot for some time with no luck. Very little information about them is out there, and I have yet to see a copy of either available for sale anywhere, so I don't even know what the price range would be if one was for sale.

dolphingirl

Hi Annabelle

If you follow this link you will see pics of every card in the Blue Rose Deck http://www.tarotpassages.com/pgtar1.htm

I know carol Herzer at Soul Guidence used to make the deck for Paula you might try emailing her and see if she still does. Here website is the link below.

http://www.soul-guidance.com/tarotdecks/index.htm#Illuminated

As for the New York tarot, I am afraid I don't have that one and couldnt' help ya much on it. You could always try Jeannette at Tarot Garden :)

At this point I would just be thrilled if I could even see all the Granny Jones cards. I love decks with a sense of humor and this one just reaches me in a place where few other decks have.

mythos

Hi Samantha,

It's Wild. I'm pretty sure Jacq has it. An email her way would establish whether my memory is on or off on this one. I think that she actually posted some images a couple of years ago. It was actually on ebay here in oz last week - last fortnight???? ... and went for a fairly low price. It is the first time I've seen it come up, but it would be worthwhile checking out the ebay oz site regularly on the off-chance.

big hugs
wild aka mythos

PS: Why mythos? Well, I hadn't visited here for an age, and I couldn't remember my password etc, so I rejoined with my first ever 'name'. I'm not in hiding LOL.

smokey

Hi!
Yes, I do have this one! It was me who threw my S/O down to the ground, (just recently) covering him with kisses, when he ran across the one and only at ebay, and I'm sorry to tell you Samantha_ I've not seen one since then!... It did not come with a book!...(But I didn't care!..LOL) That...( the book Only).. he was able to get for me at amazon_ and it takes about a month... I LUV THis deck, and don't blame you one bit for wanting it SO badly!... Best of Luck!)
(I'm so sorry we don't own a webcam, to shoot pics!) I had one but it wouldn't work properly on my PC! <shrugs>
I Do have a scanner, tho'_ but, I have Never scanned (over the internet) in my Life!!!...LOL... if someone really honest to God wants to try and let me know IF(?) ... this could be done or not(?)...( and try and walk me thru' it???)... Just PM me and, I would be happy to send pics!..But I don't know of many pics online, myself!

Gerbear

There were more than two printed for sure. LOL I have one, and all of my collector friends have a copy. It's just a matter of waiting for the right moment. I found mine on Australian ebay, and it wasn't listed in the U.S. or anywhere else. About four people bid small amounts for it, so I don't think they knew its' value. Anyway, my winning bid was only $46, so just keep an eye out.

arcanalefait

I'm with you, Samantha. There are many decks that I want, but this is the one that I see offered least often. Good luck...let me know if you find one. (And if I hear of anything out of my price range, I'll pass the info over to you!) ;)

Arcana

smokey

Samatha_
a PM to you Re: pics from me of this deck!
HudsonGrey was nice and thoughful enough to PM me on how & where to go about doing this for you!... why my library of course!...

Edit to add
Got your PM, Samantha!
It will be no problem!
Glad I can help! ...Let me know!

smokey

Samantha_
The 78 pictures of my Granny Jones were mailed out to you at 11:AM (CST) USPS, last week July the First. I am putting this here because there was no reply to my PM_ Re: the matter.
Please Do_ PM me IF they do NOT arrive, BUT you should have had them By Now!

Blessings,
Betty & Bill_

smokey

Samantha,
Got your PM!
So glad you enjoyed the pics of my deck!
Bill & I will be keeping our eyes out Re: a deck for you!
(Gerbear is absolutely right!)
You just never know when one will turn up!
It IS in the timing!
<wink>