Is there any werewolf decks?

Oni

i was reading about the 2 vampire decks, cause a freind of mine was interested in something like that or so i thought. Actully after talking to him again, it i a tarot deck with werewolfs he wants not vampires! (wich is actully good cause that gothic tarot of the vampires looks like zombies to me, and the other vampire deck looks like anima! not cool)

ok so that said, is there any decks out there that feature werewolfs as a central theme like the 2 above that feature vampires?

if so please do let me know!

i m already trying to find some fabric to make him a bag wich is proving hard, and now i can not help him find the deck he wants. he hee.

WolfyJames

The only deck that correspond somewhat to what your friend wants is the Gothic Tarot by Vargo. I agree with you that the Gothic Tarot of the Vampires is a limited deck by only showing vampires. With the Gothic Tarot, the theme is gothic and while there are many vampires, there are as well many ravens, ghosts, gargoyles, bats, wolves, some humans and ruins. Check out the entire deck here and tell me what you think:

http://www.tarotkorea.co.kr/gallery/gallery1_show.php?card=Thegothictarot

Personaly, I view the wolves in the deck as werewolves and as vampires under the shape of wolves.

P.S. It'd be great to have a werewolf tarot deck indeed, I find them fascinating.

Oni

hmm did not think of that one

i will have to show that to him, i have that deck, i never thought of that one as far as having werewolfs. but thanks for mentioning it, i will show it too him and see what he says. i wish there was a deck that featured werewolfs soley more though.

what aobut those shapeshifter decks that r out there ? does anyone know if any of those have like werewolfs or wolfmen or something like that? i have never looked at any shapeshifter decks.

WolfyJames

I know there is the Shapeshifter Tarot but the deck is not about werewolves but more about animal spirits, I think. You can check out the deck there under ss:

http://www.llewellyn.com/tarot/images/

annik

Yeah, it could be great to have a werewolf deck! Vampires can be cool but I start to find the werewolf more appealing.

For the shapeshifter tarot, I don't like it much. I see it more as a shamanistic deck and it is pretty soft. I prefer the Vargo's Gothic tarot. The Gothic Vampire is more modern and I understand not everyones would like it.

WolfyJames

Is the shift due to the movie Underworld? It's seems before only vampire stuff was hot and available and werewolves fans were mocked by the vampires wanna-be. But since the Vampires got their asses kicked in the Underworld movie at the profit of the Werewolves (Lycans), which vampires wanna-be were deeply insulted about, they were persuaded the movie was supposed to be about their superiority, has the gothic world shifted to werewolves? Personaly I have, not due to the movie Underwolrd though but I think it's a great movie, and I also think it was about time vampires fell off their thrones, they were getting annoying. ;) Now let's demand werewolves hot stuff, and a werewolves tarot deck would be nice.

Please Joseph Vargo, hear this plea!

Oni

not cause of any movie

i do not personally think it is due to that movie Underworld. I feel, no i know there is a like i dont know how to say it, like there r some people that r into werewolfs, i dont no if like it is as big as a like group as those into vampires but there r there. like i have heard of like vampire enthusists haveing like conventions and clubs and costume events and what not, i do not know of any werewolf fans that r like that orgainized or like expansive in there likeings for werewolfs, but yet there is still alot of people that really dig them just as much as some people dig(funny dig, i mean like r fond of, he hee) vampires.

You know i mean as far as having a strong intrest for like u know the non human monsters, creatures and what not. this just makes me think that is all. i m not a worshiper of demons or anything like that, but like i think a deck based on the various demons would be cool too. i was glaceing threw the bookstore and they had a left handed path section wich i did not know what that ment, i thought it was for pagans that were left handed, wich i m not but my father is a left handed as are some of m y freinds so i was thinking left handed path ment a path with an aproach to paganism from a left handed persons view cause they think differntly than right handed people, anyway i saw a book with a list of 100s of different demons so i thought a deck with some of those wold be cool too.

Now i realize left handed path means satan, so do not laugh at me! he hee.

I personally am not a vampire or a werewolf kinda of person, i m more into like otherworldly entites, like ghosts and stuff. Like a deck with banshis and incubuses/succubuses, or like legondarly spirts of the dead of varius cultures, or like even a death god and goddess type deck would be cool u know things like that.

so i would really dig a deck like that. or like maybe a vampire deck that had the like vampires of different cultures. i do not mean like a blackula type thing, more like a histroical deck that shows the vampire being in various other cultures, cause i had read a book aobut that one time. it had like vampires in various parts of africa, the middle east, tahiti, south america, other parts of europe even and it was neat cause they all had like different things that they defined as a vampire. like i think it was in like java, they had a bird type female creature that was a vampire, when i say bird i mean it was like a parrot or something realy pretty, and like some other area of the world had a hermarthadite creature that was a vampire but had both male and female sex organs. it was odd but very interesting.

Fulgour

Maybe...

Oni said:
...is there any decks out there that feature werewolfs...
Have you ever tried reading with an "ordinary" deck ;)
when there's a Full Moon shining brightly on the cards?

Oni

i think i will tell my freind that a werewolf deck has not been made yet