Yay! Robin Wood Tarot!

Citrin

I got my birthday gift from my boyfriend today, and I was SO surprised when I pulled out the Robin Wood from the wrap. All new age'ish shops I've been to here in Sweden only order decks from US Games and Lo Scarabeo, and since the deck is from Llewelyn I only could find it online which is pretty expensive... I guess he ordered it from the net to make me a happy girl.:D

Anyway, it's so BEAUTIFUL. The scans on the net don't make the colours justice at all! I'm gonna study it a bit more tonight and then see how it works in readings. Just the art has impressed me lots though.:)

sarahava

Yay!! Happy Birthday, too. You can use your Robin Wood deck to do a birthday spread for the coming year. :)

I also have it. In fact, it was one of my first and I like it very much. I especially like it for doing readings for men because it seems like a masculine deck to me.

Have fun with it!

PlatinumDove

Happy Birthday!

NewWithCards

Omg

omg, i found this site with everyone of the robin wood cards...

and i look at it, and the colors and the art is just SO amazing!!! it drawn differently but still faithful to the originals, i love it...but i havent gotten it yet :(

Eco74

This is one of my first decks, and the one that had me discovering a lot of little details in the cards so I'm going to join the chorus right here and now.

It's a very pretty deck, with a bit of a "nature-twist" since judgement and the magician amongst other cards have a very shamanistic (and slitely anti-christian in a way) twist.
The colors are great, the feel of the deck overall is fabulous. It is indeed a great deck to have. :)
If one likes that soft of deck that is. ;)

Citrin

Thank you sarahava and PlatinumDove. :D

I often feel like the court cards are overlooked and simplified in most decks, but the Robin Wood courts are just WOW. Definitely gave me something to look at. :)

Hehe I don't know if it's that soft... Though if I compare it to my recently purchased Marco Polo Tarot, yeah. ´Cause that one feels very adventerous and raw.
Aah the details are wonderful.

Eco74

Soft? Oh my.. I meant to write "sort" actually..

Though the colors do make the images come across fairly softly, and the style of the art helps too. A rather non-threatening deck in that respect. :)

Trying desperately to save face ;)

Moonchild1721

Happy Birthday and enjoy your new deck!
Samantha

Citrin

Thank you, Moonchild1721.

Hehe it's alright. I'm a sensitive person! When I saw the Lovers card I blushed because... Ya know... Tsk, tsk. ;)

Phoenix Rising

Happy Birthday and happy that you got the Robin Wood. It is my favourite deck too, very easy to read.