Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Q&A

Miss Divine

When you guys do your random draws, do you just shuffle and draw from the top? Or shuffle, fan the cards and pick them?

Especially when I have a specific question I still wonder what the best method would be. Shuffling and drawing from top or fanning out the deck and picking cards.

And yes I still scratch my head too about the cards that may refer to people or something else.

indianstorm

hello Miss Divine

hi :)

that is entirely up to you. Although, if I have a specific question in mind-- I prefer to shuffle, fan the cards and then draw at random- :) works for me if I have focused on the question-- Sylvie outlines this well in her book for the no layout-- works on random draws as well if you have nothing specific-

Stormy

Miss Divine

indianstorm said:
hi :)

that is entirely up to you. Although, if I have a specific question in mind-- I prefer to shuffle, fan the cards and then draw at random- :) works for me if I have focused on the question-- Sylvie outlines this well in her book for the no layout-- works on random draws as well if you have nothing specific-

Stormy
I prefer to shuffle and fan the cards too. It just seems to feel that the cards I get are more accurate. Some say that's BS. Anyways another method I use is shuffle until I feel I need that card, shuflle more until I get that feel for the next card, and so on. Works great!

Sylvie Steinbach

Snake vs Fox

The snake usually is more straightforward in its energy. People represented by the snake tend to send 'vibes' that they are troubled, looking for problems. You know they can be mean and will strike you in the back.

The fox is more subtile in its ways. Cunning it portrays flexible manners and is harder to spot. The fox gossips, cheats like the snake but in a more clever way. It is easier to catch a snake than a fox. The cleverness is what makes them more sophisticated in their approach.

I hope this helps in making the difference about their energies. ;)

Phoenix Rising

Thanks for clearing that up. The fox did show itself just like you have described. I just love it when I get instant confirmation like that, that is how the meaning stays cemented in my mind. It is an interesting contrast though, manipulation and career with this card?

phoenix

The fish card is another one, that I'm still trying to get a grasp of it's meaning. It appears regularly for a friend, but he is no business man, actually he has no job. He is independent though and like a fish in the sea, swimming around with no direction.

Phoenix

Sylvie Steinbach

Fish vs fox

The fish is the independance card. It does relate to any gig, business or consulting work that does not depend on a pay check that is guarantee for its amount or for its frequency.

The fox is the card of the swinger. it can swing its jacket to please the crowd. The employee constantly has to please the boss to guarantee the job. It is the regular paycheck, the expected hours of commitment to the job!

Your friend may be getting the same message as instead of looking for regular employment he would be better suited to be self employed or free lancer. Freedom of working for whoever without loosing dignity as if he is not pleased he can walk out... He probably would be more succesfull and happier with that lifestyle. I know I do!!!!

lol

Phoenix Rising

Fish

Funny you should say that. He did mention that last week, that he would like to work independently, and when he gets bored with that do something else, he could never stick to a mundane 9-5 job, he needs freedom.

Although the fish also appeared yesterday for a business man, tradesman(mechanic) it did have the snake next to it, he overcharged me atleast $250 compared to other mechanics, so I think the snake was appropriate in that sense, he is known to overcharge, which I found out today. Funny at the time I had a suspicion when I was talking to him, that he would, I think it was his "moustache" he reminded me of John Cleese.

If you don't mind, there maybe some other cards that I would like clarification on, this would be the appropriate thread to ask in? Thanks again.

Phoenix

Bernice

Phoenix says:
I think it was his "moustache" he reminded me of John Cleese.
Phoenix! John Cleese is a lovely man!
...there maybe some other cards that I would like clarification on.
Oh yes please, that would be very helpful indeed.

Bee

LisaW

another question

Yeah!! I like John Cleese too!!! lol

Nice to hear the little nuances on the snake and fox, and fox and fish.

I had a quick question concerning the child card, Sylvie.
Have you ever come across the child card and got the feeling that it was saying that something was "premature"?
I had the child with the coffin, and rather than thinking it was a child, I got the strong feeling it was saying "premature/earlier than average death"
Just wondered what your thoughts might be-

LisaW

LisaW

in reply to Miss Divine's question-

When I do my daily draws (spiritsong.wordpress.com), I will shuffle and ask what do I need to know today?
Then I will fan them all out, scan with my hand and eyes over all of them, and the cards just kind of pop out for me.
It's been incredible how accurate these simple draws have been- and recording them in a blog has been invaluable-- best journal ever!

When I do a spread, I shuffle, concentrating on the question and the key card, then cut the deck into 3 piles and reassemble. Then I deal out from the top until I've found the appropiate set. (the cutting in 3 piles is just habit from the way I do tarot or playing cards--) It works really well for me :)

hope that helps-

LisaW (SpiritSong)