TOADies Anonymous.

Dogs&Coffee

Me: you just bought tons of decks and you haven't even really looked at them yet. Do NOT click that "purchase" button.

Me to me: *click!*

Booklioness

Me: you just bought tons of decks and you haven't even really looked at them yet. Do NOT click that "purchase" button.

Me to me: *click!*

Love it!

I have now opened, looked at and read the companion books to the package of four I received. Must make myself choose one to use, and not look online....

Argh! How does one decide?

Booklioness

Ruh Roh! Llewellyn's "Tarot Update" newsletter just came out. My eyes are finding new items. Example:

Earth Wisdom Oracle
by Lo Scarabeo
In-Stock Early!

In stock early? Just for me? Must..... not..... click.....

Scarlet Woodland

I think I've almost graduated from TOADie camp. Checked back through and haven't bought any tarot decks since July, and today's oracle pre-order will be the first since August. Avoiding the Tarot Decks section of the forum is definitely the way to go.

As for today's purchase I'm blaming two margaritas and a whole lot of pretty. It was a planned purchase actually... just one I'd forgotten existed.

Have faith fellow TOADies; I was a 3/4 per week-er once :)

mercuryempress

eeek I've purchased 11 decks since the year started. I'm slightly ashamed of myself but I do feel like I have everything I need now.

I am officially on a no buy these will have to suffice for the rest of the year

barefootlife

I swore to myself I wouldn't go down this road...and have three decks on order and one kickstarter. /)_(\ At least they're all meaty decks I think I'll read extensively with? Does that help?

No? Sigh.

Booklioness

Oh, my. I've not ordered any 'real' decks, but just purchased five Fools Dog Apps for my iPhone.... They're cheaper, so they're not as bad, right? Only they make me want the real deck to hold in my hands and shuffle now that I've seen them. Has anyone seen the Tree Tarot? I even went to Fools Dog's website to see if they offer any sort of mailing list or notification for new apps they bring out.... Sorry, I'm not helping.

decan

I bought two decks lately, but honestly I don't think it is because of some sort of compulsive behaviours, but more to balance my collection with decks a bit more unconventional and darker. I feel a bit dark lately, well.

Therefore, I think that I am not a TOADies! Do you think I am in denial? :D
Honestly I don't think! :)
Anyway, there will be no more decks, that's decided!!

Barleywine

This thread is starting to sound like a meeting of the social club here in New Hampshire called the "Friday Night Temperance Society," which has the motto "Ridding the world of demon rum through the deceptively simple task of drinking it all!" If you guys buy all the decks, I can be an honest TOADie with no real effort. :joke: