Lo Scarabeo Mystical Tarot (Giuliano Costa)

G6

I love it. I mean, if I concentrate hard I could probably come up with something that bugs me, but, really, the overall impact of it is positive - and I find it readable and historic-feeling even though I know it isn't. I love it, really.

It does seem like a unique world they've setup here with this deck. That's the funny thing, even with the abundance of information, a lot of times it depends on meeting in person and using a deck that I know if it works for me or not.

Sangoma

I saw it on AlidaStore, fell for it immediately, ordered it and have had it for a while. I love the artwork; I find it very consistent. And it didn't bother me that the deck is based on the RWS - and that's usually something that puts me off as I don't like the RWS and don't like too overt references to it in decks (I do have RWS type decks, like the Legacy of the Divine, which is, however, far enough removed from the RW imagery and does not irritate me). The Mystical also reads very well.

Madrigal

I pre-ordered this, canceled my order after seeing a YT video on it and then re-ordered once it was out and saw more of the cards. I like it but I am bugged by the way the scale of the figures is off, bodies too short for legs, arms too big for torsos and legs too wide overall. That said I think I can blur my inner and outer eye enough to incorporate that as intentional if I imagine a Hieronymus Bosch influence. I am looking forward to working with it.

Tibor

I know that the Magician card appears to be depicted as female but can someone please tell me if it is also described as female in the LWB????

Sangoma

In the LWB the Magician is referred to as "he" - though, indeed, it does look like the Magician on the actual card is female.

Tibor

In the LWB the Magician is referred to as "he" - though, indeed, it does look like the Magician on the actual card is female.

Thank you very much Sangoma. That's all I needed to know :)

greatdane

Thanks for the great enabling thread, Le Fanu :)

This is the first tarot deck I have ordered in about a year. After reading posts here, and watching a youtube review (that really clinches it, seeing someone go through all the cards!) it is supposed to arrive tomorrow (great price on Amazon, about 18 bucks inc shipping).

I look forward to working with the deck.

EmpyreanKnight

The first time I beheld it, I thought it was made by the creator of the Mystical Lenormand and the Mystical Kipper. Turned out they were different. šŸ˜

greatdane

MINE JUST ARRIVED!

Before I even shuffle, much less read with it, I am edging it in Antique Linen. It makes it look decades older and, to me, decks shuffle even nicer.

LOVE the deck. Love the smell of the paper! SO many decks now have a chemical smell, this smells like new paper :).

For me this deck is RWS meets maybe the Sola Busca with a smidgen of Salvador Dali.

Because I read with RWS imagery and this follows that for me, it is an easy reader, but with some great touches of new art and old style art.

Certainly nothing like it in my meager collection before.

Thanks for the great enabling thread, Le Fanu!

banbha

Just ordered this for the rock bottom price of $13.39 with free shipping from Amazon US. I will have to wait one to three weeks for delivery though, as they must be out of stock.

I love the art and most of the cards. They're original oils painted on wood and it shows.