Full Moon and Tarot Reading... Feeling Restricted

jnett

I've tried to read during a full moon. The "timing" has always been off. I do better with new moons. I guess I don't "feel it" (whatever that means) if it's a full moon. Rituals are out too - can't focus. Also, weather plays a part and time of day. Don't even ask me to read during an intense storm. I'm way to wired. I love storms but my energy is as electric as the sky is being lol. Lots of things can affect the draw to read the cards - just go with what's right for you.

ETA: I did a "daily card" yesterday morning and never actually interpreted it. I looked at it briefly last night. Took a picture. I didn't know a full moon was coming around. I should, patients are being bonkers this week. (No, I don't think that's a superstition. The dentists I work for have actually asked me, is it a full moon or something? So I look it up. Yup. 9/10 it's during the fullest part of the moon.) I'm just unsettled. Oh, and it stormed last night too...

I don't even have to look at the calendar to know when the full moon is near. I just listen for all the sirens, how people act, and my pets are restless. Things get tense during this time. Looking forward to the new moon and calmer skies myself right now.

jnett

I can't sleep very well during the full moon, so I do a lot of creative stuff to use that added energy. That includes reading Tarot, Lenormand and Kipper and doing my beadwork into the wee hours during that time.

So reading tarot is not a problem for you during the full moon? I can understand not sleeping with the full moon energy... It is known to make people restless and as some already pointed out, more energized.

Grizabella

So reading tarot is not a problem for you during the full moon? I can understand not sleeping with the full moon energy... It is known to make people restless and as some already pointed out, more energized.

Yes, I don't find any problem with reading during the full moon. I don't have a problem reading in any other of the moon's phases, either. :)

RavenOfSummer

How interesting...I never thought to look up what phase the moon was in when I was born until reading this thread. I just looked it up and it was waxing crescent, which somehow feels perfectly right to me :)

I have found a new moon spread that I absolutely love, so now I like to do that with tarot on the new moons. I'll try to find it and post it here- I think I found it over in the spreads subforum.

For full moon, I've been working with a moon cycle oracle deck, Spirit de la Lune. It's one of my favorite oracle decks. The book includes with a spread for each of the full moons throughout the year according to their Native American names- i.e. Harvest Moon, Flower Moon, Sprouting Moon etc. I actually use the deck throughout the month but the full moon spreads are absolutely wonderful.

Maybe try to journal your reading experiences noting the phase of the moon, and then look through and see if you can notice any patterns in a couple of months?

nisaba

I don't know if it's only me, but I have trouble reading tarot during the full moon phase... I am blocked... cards are all over the place. Does anyone else have this problem? If there is another thread with this topic, please link, I cannot find one?

Not me.

Cards work, regardless of the Moon. Perhaps you need to work on your own core, and build up your emotional strength so that you are not so affected by the phases of the moon (or anything else)?

jnett

How interesting...I never thought to look up what phase the moon was in when I was born until reading this thread. I just looked it up and it was waxing crescent, which somehow feels perfectly right to me :)

I have found a new moon spread that I absolutely love, so now I like to do that with tarot on the new moons. I'll try to find it and post it here- I think I found it over in the spreads subforum.

For full moon, I've been working with a moon cycle oracle deck, Spirit de la Lune. It's one of my favorite oracle decks. The book includes with a spread for each of the full moons throughout the year according to their Native American names- i.e. Harvest Moon, Flower Moon, Sprouting Moon etc. I actually use the deck throughout the month but the full moon spreads are absolutely wonderful.

Maybe try to journal your reading experiences noting the phase of the moon, and then look through and see if you can notice any patterns in a couple of months?

It is a possibility that is has something to do with your natal moon phase. I was born during the Waning Crescent phase.... just a couple of days from the dark moon. I am also wondering, if it has anything to do with my natal placement of the moon in astrology... The moon is in my 4th house.

jnett

Not me.

Cards work, regardless of the Moon. Perhaps you need to work on your own core, and build up your emotional strength so that you are not so affected by the phases of the moon (or anything else)?

My emotions are fine during the full-moon. I am usually pretty calm and pretty good with research during the full-moon phase.

SonjaC

Interesting question. I've only tried once and it was during the most recent "supermoon." I attempted to incorporate it into my ritual but I've never been so confused by the cards! I thought it might swing really wide one way or the other and it ended up not working to my benefit. I really think I was being too ambitious and trying to accomplish too many things at once. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed other environmental factors that contribute to a stronger or weaker reading?