What deck is this?

Solandia

I am pretty sure this is an unpublished deck used for stock photos, but just in case it isn't - anyone know what it is called?

~ Solandia

Attachments

• istock-515229348.jpg
    istock-515229348.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,338

nisaba

:bugeyed:

Wow. When you find out, tell me. I suspect it might be someone's own one-off, for their own use. When you find out who they are, give me their address and I'll pay a little visit. })

EmpyreanKnight

This is a Tarot deck created by the Russian illustrator Vera Petruk, who uses the alias Samiramay. You can find individual illustrations of the cards in her deviantart, artstation, shutterstock, and other accounts, just google "vera petruk tarot".

In Shutterstock, you can see each Tarot card in black and white; scarlet, black and cream, and fully colored. Check the following gallery out, where you can click on the thumbnails to see card image in full detail:

Vera Petruk Tarot Shutterstock Set

In her Creative Market page, you can see previews for all the cards in the entire deck. There you can also purchase high res images for each card (sold per set). Here are the preview links for the 78 cards:

Major Arcana

Swords Suit

Wands Suit

Cups Suit

Pentacles Suit

I think they are only available as digital image files (which you may then print upon purchase) and not as an actual physical deck.

Btw I use Golden Dawn correspondences, and I find the astrological attributions used in the majors pretty interesting. I just hope there was some short text that explains her rationale for them. The simple numerical pips for the Minor Arcana doesnt show the GD planetary/zodiacal attribution either (like Sun in Virgo for the 8 of Pentacles, etc). In any case it looks like a very warm and charming deck.

I don't think she formally named this Tarot deck, which is perplexing since she did name her new, very recent deck, the Fantasy Mystic Tarot.

Hope that helped.

EmpyreanKnight

Cool majors only, thanks

It actually has a minor arcana with detailed courts and aces, and unique pips that has a huge number in the middle and a few images surrounding it. But like you I'm interested in seeing pics too if someone prints a physical deck out of it.

G6

It actually has a minor arcana with detailed courts and aces, and unique pips that has a huge number in the middle and a few images surrounding it. But like you I'm interested in seeing pics too if someone prints a physical deck out of it.

Oh, now I see. The major arcana purchase is $25 and then the suits cost $8 each, so total would be $57 just for the files. Printing and shipping on top of that, so on the expensive side.

EmpyreanKnight

Oh, now I see. The major arcana purchase is $25 and then the suits cost $8 each, so total would be $57 just for the files. Printing and shipping on top of that, so on the expensive side.

Yup, unfortunately. :(

blue_fusion

Someone seems to have bought the files and produced it as a deck. It's been posted here recently - trying to look for the thread. He used the two-color version, though, and not the full-color one (which I found odd).

I too am intrigued by the glyphs and symbols she has incorporated into the images. Yes, the pips are rather disappointingly bare, but maybe a publisher can create new art in the same style to replace this (I am a bit tempted to get the rights to the images and generating new art for the pips, but my to-do list is rather full at the moment).

In relation to this, another charming Shutterstock deck is the one featured on the custom tarot image in the Printerstudio link G6 shared. That one doesn't have minors, though. But again, it's tempting to buy the images, and then turn them into a complete deck. (The problems of being an obsessed collector AND obsessed creator. :-/)

-Ly

Galahad

What a cool deck. Unfortunately expensive...

She ought to commission a printing of a hundred or so sets and offer them for sale, but I don't know much about custom deck printing.

Solandia

Thanks EmpyreanKnight! It's a nice surprise to find out these cards are actually available.

~ Solandia