Judgement in personal relationships

Ethereal

how could one view judgement in say personal interaction between 2 people in a relationship?
i always viewed this card as a, "wake up," call, a paradigm shift. could one see this card as perhaps another may have had an, personal, "epiphany," to something they never saw in the other; or anticipated a move another suddenly did? a new view of the other person? or, sudden realization about a situation?

pasara

You can also look at this card quite literally, in that there is a lot of judgmentalism between them.

canid

I love Judgement. To me, it often refers to spiritual matters. But in relationships, it can mean an overhaul, a rejuvination. Or a 'calling' of some sort, that you can't ignore. It could have to do with past-life situations/relationships. So many things.

SA12

Another word to ponder in relation to this card: Discernment....

Girl Archer

how could one view judgement in say personal interaction between 2 people in a relationship?
i always viewed this card as a, "wake up," call, a paradigm shift. could one see this card as perhaps another may have had an, personal, "epiphany," to something they never saw in the other; or anticipated a move another suddenly did? a new view of the other person? or, sudden realization about a situation?

I second that, and I also feel like it calls for accountability from both parties and that you only reap what you sow. A very karmically laden, heavy card which might say that the couple is bonded due to some past life obligation probably? Or that, if a couple's parting ways is indicated by judgment, then it was probably never eant to be, in the larger scheme of things.. It asks people to take a close, hard look at their actions and 'fix' their behaviors towards one another and attitudes, possibly even the relationship itself.

WalesWoman

Think of it as a call to revive the relationship, it's gotten dead or predictable, stuck in a box going nowhere fast.

Judgement is NOT being judgemental!!! It is wake up, get out of bed, wrap your head around a new way of being... let the old stay in the past where it belongs and live in a whole new way, like it's a fresh start, a new beginning.

N1ghts0ng

WOW! i got Judgement also in a relationship reading i just posted in Your Readings. Judgement sat in the position of "my role/lesson in the relationship". these posts here definitely gave me something to think about! Thanks everyone! Thanks Ethereal, even though it was your question, i got some help out of it too!

pasara

Judgement is NOT being judgemental!!! It is wake up, get out of bed, wrap your head around a new way of being...

Beg to differ, WalesWoman. Although I am not suggesting that the overarching energy of the Judgement card is judgmentalism, there are times when I have seen cards take on very literal meanings. (Will not expand on that, since many threads here at AT on this already.) Further, if you take your words above, it could be that the "new way of being" is more open and less critical of the other.

For me, generally speaking, the Judgement card suggests situations where you know what to do, you are fully prepared for it, and now is the time to actually do it. It is a call for action. Time to make things happen. An awakening.

But still, there are other times when this card can come up and mean something entirely different, and when you are asking about interaction between two people this another possible meaning can, in my book, be judgmentalism.

Girl Archer

I second that, and I also feel like it calls for accountability from both parties and that you only reap what you sow. A very karmically laden, heavy card which might say that the couple is bonded due to some past life obligation probably? Or that, if a couple's parting ways is indicated by judgment, then it was probably never eant to be, in the larger scheme of things.. It asks people to take a close, hard look at their actions and 'fix' their behaviors towards one another and attitudes, possibly even the relationship itself.

I am still learning... so could anybody tell me if my interpretation is okay? :) thanks.

The Chinese Empress

Not to sound like the esteemable Willowfox, but...

Judgement, for me, means a wake-up call. The one that, if you're playing the heavy in the relationship, you generally DO NOT WANT the other person to realize. It's that moment, after a lot of pain, tears and mental rehashing at night (5C, 3S and 9S), when you look hard and cold at the other person and finally realize - so clearly you nearly want to say it aloud to that person:

"Eureka. You know what, I've figured it out: you're an asshole."

Followed by appropriate and decisive action thereafter.