Timing - Fast
Movement - Separating
Direction - Southeast
In the cycle of a year - May/June
In the cycle of a day - Late Morning
In the cycle of a life - Age 7~14
Sex - Male
Similar Cards - 1 Cups, King Cups, 7 Cups, Knight Swords, 9 Swords, 5 Swords

Iamblichus calls the triad (3) "a mean between the others". It restores balance after the separation of the 2, and it is also a mean between the 1 and the 4, as demonstrated in some of my number models. Like the 1 of Cups, the 3 of Swords is choleric-sanguine. Its power is heat. Here the hot/fast energy manifests quite differently than in the 1 of Cups. The 3 works as a balance of sorts. When it is manifested through the violence of the Sword, and the swift explosive energy of heat, it becomes a terrible justice. This energy is wrathful and sudden retribution. It forces balance through heated and accelerated power. It is revolution, revenge. It is a harsh 're-balancer'.

Short Example Reading

The Querent asks: "Should I invest with XYZ Investment Services?"

Card #1 (The Querent) = The Empress
Card #2 (The Quesited) = 2 of Batons
Card #3 (How they interact) = 3 of Swords

Judgement: The Empress is well meaning, but passive and naive, and needs guidance. This card not only represents the Querent, but seems to speak for his 'Empire' - all his holdings (using the device of representing the Holy Roman Empire/Europe as an 'Empress' to be loved, served and protected). The XYZ Investment Service (2 of Batons) lacks decisiveness in their dealings, which could indicate problems in the company. Investing here will cause the querent's finances to 'revolt' against him. A painful and swift re-balancing of his wealth will occur.

Melanchollic

3 of Cups

3 OF CUPS

Nickname - "Pleasure"
Element - Air/Air
Temper - Sanguine
Power - Hot/Wet
Timing - Fast/Short
Movement - Separating/Flexible
Direction - East
In the cycle of a year - April
In the cycle of a day - Dawn
In the cycle of a life - Age 0~7
Sex - Male
Similar Cards - 9 Cups, 5 Cups, Knight Cups

The airy 'triad' (3) is quite at home with the airy Cups. The 3 of Cups reflects the energies of the Spring Equinox. Here we find the pure sanguine energy well dignified. This card could represent any number of pleasures - fine food, music, a beautiful garden, romance, etc. The joys here are youthful and innocent like Spring itself. The old woodcuts of the 'Children of Venus' sum this card up nicely.

Short Example Reading

Card #1 (The Querent) = The Wheel of Fortune
Card #2 (The Quesited) = 3 of Cups
Card #3 (How they interact) = Father Time

The Querent asks: "Should I move to Vermont and do homesteading with my husband?"

Judgement: Here, Card #1 represents the querent's present location, and Card #2 represents Vermont. The present location seems to have its 'ups and downs' (WoF). Vermont clearly looks like an experience that the querent will enjoy. Father Time seems to be saying, "Time is of the essence". If the querent is going to make the move, she shouldn't delay!

Bernice

Father Time = Hermit?

Bee :)

SolSionnach

Darned Hadar!
Gave me the Ace of Swords for the Card of the Day. That deck always likes to give me swords ::muttering::

We'll see. I think it just doesn't like being used for Cards of the Day.

SolSionnach

Oh, I have a copy of that chart - it's in a folder called "Bee's Diagrams". ;)

I'm thinking of the nicknames as keywords. And, yes, I drew the fricking Ace/Swords for today. :eek: :bugeyed: :eek:
We'll see what happens... :rolleyes: - frankly, I think the Hadar is messing with me. I may just have to pull out the Dodal or the Svizzera 1804 to show it what's what. :mad:

cardlady22

Just a thought, but haven't you been threatened with detrimental consequences involving a sharp object recently? :angel:
And your spending spree HAS been resembling a brushfire . . .

SolSionnach

cardlady22 said:
Just a thought, but haven't you been threatened with detrimental consequences involving a sharp object recently? :angel:
And your spending spree HAS been resembling a brushfire . . .
:bugeyed:

OMG. lol

Actually, I think I figured out what it was referring to. I just took the K9 on a nice walk, and was noticing the mounds of fire ants which have popped up since we had some rain the other day. I cannot abide the little stinging suckers, and I found a dry branch and was gleefully destroying their nests. When you do that they POUR out, ready to attack any and everything in their way..

Neither the dog nor I is worse for that adventure (no stings!), but I suddenly realized that I was the very picture of "Unexpected Misfortune" for the ANTS.

ETA: nevertheless I have put the Hadar into the corner - I put it in order in it's box and have put it out in the hot Texas sun in order to "cleanse" it.

Hopefully it will behave after that. Unexpected Misfortune, my round behind!

Melanchollic

sravana said:
:bugeyed:

OMG. lol

Actually, I think I figured out what it was referring to. I just took the K9 on a nice walk, and was noticing the mounds of fire ants which have popped up since we had some rain the other day. I cannot abide the little stinging suckers, and I found a dry branch and was gleefully destroying their nests. When you do that they POUR out, ready to attack any and everything in their way..

Neither the dog nor I is worse for that adventure (no stings!), but I suddenly realized that I was the very picture of "Unexpected Misfortune" for the ANTS.

Sravana,

I'd read your post before breakfast, and was thinking about your 1 of Swords. I wasn't sure how, with just one card, one could determine if a certain card's energy was 'coming from them', or 'going to them'. If one were to just go by the active/passive energy signature of the card itself, the Ace of Swords is active, hence the energy would be coming from you. I was just sitting down to add my thought to the thread, but I see I'm too late to save those poor ants from Mama Doom! :laugh: :) :laugh: :) :laugh: :)