Numerology for the pips

itrocksmyworld

Pip numerology

Greetings Gentle Folks!

My chosen numerology for Taro has mostly to do with the Pip Cards; i recognize there are quite old numerologies for the Triumphs, and i have mostly studied on the Pythagorean system for these....

The Pip Numerology that came to me in meditation has to do with the numbers 1 - 10 as representative of a living being's life cycle from birth through death.... here's a very slapdash description for brevity's sake:

1's are the birth and beginnings of open-ended experience
2's are the process of encounter and education
3's are the Rites of Passage, Coming Of Age, and entrance into society
4's are the stability of adulthood and routines
5's are the Mid-Life Crisis and difficult lessons
6's are the necessary changes made to move forward
7's are reflection upon the new state of affairs and readying for true work
8's are the Great Work of a lifetime
9's are readying for the end
10's are ending, passage, the gateway to new beginnings

i have studied the Pythagorean system and am interested in the connection with the Triumph numerology, and so the ongoing study continues....

peace

Nolan ;-)

Lady Iron Side

itrocksmyworld said:
my chosen numerology for Taro has mostly to do with the Pip Cards; i recognize there are quite old numerologies for the Triumphs, and i have mostly studied on the Pythagorean system for these....

Greetings Gentle Folks!

The Pip Numerology that came to me in meditation has to do with the numbers 1 - 10 as representative of a living being's life cycle from birth through death.... here's a very slapdash description for brevity's sake:

1's are the birth and beginnings of open-ended experience
2's are the process of encounter and education
3's are the Rites of Passage, Coming Of Age, and entrance into society
4's are the stability of adulthood and routines
5's are the Mid-Life Crisis and difficult lessons
6's are the necessary changes made to move forward
7's are reflection upon the new state of affairs and readying for true work
8's are the Great Work of a lifetime
9's are readying for the end
10's are ending, passage, the gateway to new beginnings

i have studied the Pythagorean system and am interested in the connection with the Triumph numerology, and so the ongoing study continues....

peace

Nolan ;-)

sorry just had to responds I feel the same, here you may enjoy my post, take a look http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=152834&page=2 you may find some more valuable insights that could lead you into a more inspiring path with taro

Melanchollic

itrocksmyworld said:
The Pip Numerology that came to me in meditation has to do with the numbers 1 - 10 as representative of a living being's life cycle from birth through death....

Interesting approach. Simple, logical, and gives quite a different set of attributes than classical arithmology.

This approach gives the traditionally benefic 5, 6, and 10 a bit of a sting, doesn't it! :) The 10 as Death is fascinatingly unorthodox, and makes perfect sense in the context of your approach.

Bernice

TeaBiscuts said:
I found this on another site, thought you would all enjoy a very though and deep, simple explanation of numerology

http://www.tarot-authentique.com/meaning-of-the-tarot-numbers/
Ah yes :), this is a familiar approach, especially for the Marseille and early decks - a historical method for 'historical' pips.

I'm still in the process of developing/finishing a Math Number system - so far, it bears hardly any resemblance to any other system!

Bee :)