3 cards a day...

BrightEye

3 October

Sorry guys. I've been meaning to comment on readings here yesterday but then got bogged down in work.

What is important for me to know about x (a person)?
Fournier Marseille

Knight of Cups flew out while I shuffled.
Base Card: Lovers

Wheel - Ace of Swords - Strength

This is the same guy I read on before. The situation is causing me considerable stress at the moment. I've acted on the last draw (with the two Kings). I guess the Knight is telling me that his heart is open and he was indeed open to mys suggestion to continue talking.

The Lovers as base tells me that the situation requires a decision. I could also be the Knight. I moved towards him and made the suggestion to talk (Ace), which turned the Wheel. I like it how the trumps neatly progress from 10 to 11. I see Strength as patience here. We won't speak as soon as I'd hoped. I also see him as the lion (I wouldn't be surprised if he were a Leo).

Scans to follow later today :)

le_charior

No worries - this is 3 card fun, so no obligations! Even if of course comments from anybody on anything would be very much appreciated!

I have no time to really think about these cards now (will do later today) - but I still wanted to add a picture to show off my Tarocco di Bologna. I am in love with the Knight of Cups. And did you see that that the title is Cheval de Coupes - not Chevalier? So it's actually the Horse of Cups! ;)

Haven't read your take yet - if there is anything visually significant on the Fournier that is different - feel free to post a pic of course, too! (Maybe you can tell us why it's your favourite TdM? I am a little bit intrigued by it, but not convinced, so there would be some enabling to do, if you feel like :))

6206432189_70bc50fa5d_z.jpg

6206431763_ab842abb3e_z.jpg

Fascinating that a lot of the same cards are showing up in the last days in these readings - Force, Lovers, Roue de Fortune - these seem to be the cards of the moment! :)

moonbear

Thanks for the nice input Le charior. Boosted my confidence no end! I hadn't thought about the public aspect, that Le Bateleur is exhibiting in public.

And next time I'll have a go at posting pictures and quotes. Still trying to find my way around all this.

Hope the birthday party went well!

moonbear

BrightEye

I'm waiting to see what le charior's observations are on your cards, BrightEye. I'm finding all this really interesting.

I can't comment much as I'm very new at all this. Are the crowns significant in your cards?

le_charior

For me it depends on the cards I pull. There are some cards I find hard to interpret every time they show up. I experience both sudden 'Wham' and the slow, meditative style. If I don't get the 'Wham!', I let myself look at the cards and see what story comes up around it - it really helps me to imagine this in the 3rd person e.g. 'This person is looking at...She wants to...' Taking myself out of the equation seems to help.

I think that is very good advise - think about it as if it was someone else - characters in a book, a story you are just making up. Thanks!

I am more the slow type, but maybe things will get faster with more experience. But I also really enjoy keeping the cards with me for a while, thinking about them for a longer while, meditating over them.

le_charior

hello moonbear! you're very welcome! let me know if you are confused by how to quote and multiquote and links and images etc etc... took me some weeks to figure out how all this works! I totally want to see the psychedelic rainwbow coat tarot in action, so looking forward to the images! :)

and no hesitation to comment on any cards, it's the all playful friendly 3 card fun place here ;) so, here's my go at BrightEye's 3 cards:

What is important for me to know about x (a person)?
Fournier Marseille

Would be easy to jump to the conclusion that this x is someone you are interested in "romantically". But base card Lovers could also very well mean that these three are about a choice X is facing, a decision to make.

Jumpers... I have them all the time because I am so bad at shuffling that I never take them into my readings... but if he really flew out in a way that was significant for you, I think we should see where he could come into your 3 cards!

La Force (like a lot of people in the Bologna) is looking very kind and she seems to caress the Lion more than taming it or using any force on it. Someone is handing her a sword and tells her: You better use this, something sharp and effective, if you want to get the job done, you'll never tame that lion with your bare hands!

(Little side note: some depictions of La Force in historic decks show not the woman we see here, but Hercules (or Samson?) clubbing a lion. See here for example: http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=46655&postcount=3 This came to my mind when I saw the sword - would work also if you think that someone gave Hercules the sword telling him - Throw away this club and use the sword instead!)

So where does the sword come from? Moonbear pointed towards the crowns (thanks!), there are three, one on La Force on top of her big hat, one on the sword, one on the figure on top of La Roue de Fortune. So I think the guy on top of the Wheel is the one giving the Sword to La Force. And quite obviously to me, it would be a bad idea to take his sword and his advice, sure, he is on top now and what he says might seem logic or obvious, but he'll fall. He's too sure of himself, hubris etc etc.

What does this story have to do with X and what you need to know about him or her, BrightEye... I think X is feeling unsure about his/her relationship to you. He/she thinks a lot about it, the rational elements symbolized by the sword seem to worry him or her. There might be obvious problems between you that rationally look hard to overcome. But actually X is not going to follow what his rational mind is telling him or her (maybe there are even other people bringing these thoughts to his or her mind, friends, family, no idea...), he or she still trusts his own judgment, like Force only nicely smiles while she denies the sword. She will not kill the lion. She will get to terms with it in her own way.

And here the Knight makes his grand entry from the right side of La Force. If you put him there, he seems to be riding in with a different solution, not holding out the sword, but the cup! And the Lion looks at the cup in relief... sure, he was n danger of getting his head cut off with this nasty sword! But maybe he's also thirsty, actually, the poor thing! Maybe Force opens his mouth to give him water, or even some kind of medicine from the cup? Anyway, I think X will realize that he or she would rather follow his/her emotions, than pure rational thinking.

In a way this was more about X's relationship to you - La Force seems to represent X - and your relationship is the lion. The Lovers said it would be about a choice, and I think here it is, the choice X is facing, how to deal with the beast.

Ok... Let me know if anything made sense ;) I kept thinking things like "and what if x is actually her accountant who threatened her with a tax inspection..." so if that is the case, I'll have to rethink my take on the cards...

Now I am hurrying to read your take! Ha, can't wait!!!

le_charior

This is the same guy I read on before. The situation is causing me considerable stress at the moment. I've acted on the last draw (with the two Kings). I guess the Knight is telling me that his heart is open and he was indeed open to mys suggestion to continue talking.

The Lovers as base tells me that the situation requires a decision. I could also be the Knight. I moved towards him and made the suggestion to talk (Ace), which turned the Wheel. I like it how the trumps neatly progress from 10 to 11. I see Strength as patience here. We won't speak as soon as I'd hoped. I also see him as the lion (I wouldn't be surprised if he were a Leo).

Scans to follow later today :)

Ok! It's not your consultant! I admit that I secretly thought it might be about the same guy - but I tried to keep it open anyway, even if it seemd to point in that direction. And the Knight came up again as in one of your last readings on him!

For the rest, we got quite a different take on these cards again! For me HE is La Force and your relationship is symbolized by the lion, you got it the other way round, which makes total sense, too! I have no idea why I read the Wheel and the Sword ace as coming form somewhere else, neither you or him (or if it's him, then one part of him, his rational part, the voice of reason, something like this...).

La Roue turned the sword ace, which can be a very positive card for me, into the negative area in this reading. The King on top of La Roue is holding it - and he will go down. And look who is coming up, it's some kind of a blue animal, and while it looks nothing much like a horse, it has the same color as the "Cheval de Coupe" - so emotion will rule while rationality will go down.

Looking forward to hearing what you think! And I hope you are not taking this too seriously (scared me a little when you wrote that you acted on the last draw... Of course people do this and you have all the right to act on your reflections of a card reading... but since this is nothing like professional card reading here, only a little learning and fun experimental card reading I wouldn't want anyone to base any important decisions on my ramblings here! :))

And yes, please, scans! Would love to see the cards in the Fournier, too! Thanks, and thanks for sharing your cards!

BrightEye

I can see I can't keep up with the pace here! I really appreciate the input and the time everyone is taking to respond and I will give feedback. But one thing I can say now: I often act on the advice of the cards. Otherwise what's the point of reading? And I wouldn't blame anyone, except myself if needs be. Isn't that the purpose of readings? to get insights and to take the appropriate action?

le_charior

I can see I can't keep up with the pace here! I really appreciate the input and the time everyone is taking to respond and I will give feedback. But one thing I can say now: I often act on the advice of the cards. Otherwise what's the point of reading? And I wouldn't blame anyone, except myself if needs be. Isn't that the purpose of readings? to get insights and to take the appropriate action?

Oh no, that sounds as if this was a race here! :) I totally want it to be a relaxing afternoon stroll while the sun is going down and the birds are singing in the trees! No need to post or comment or be quick here or anything, just do when you can and want to!

I agree with you - even if for me the cards seem to me mostly a way of facing what I already know. So reading for others, for me, is a bit scary - how can I know what they already know? It seems to work - but I still think it can't be more than an impulse for self-awareness, reflection and a personal decision - not the cards telling you what to do (I am sure you didn't mean it this way, so this is more a general thought!)

le_charior

3CAD presents - the motivational 3 carder

Ok, so I have been in a bad case of procrastination these last days... My desk screams: clean me. My tax declaration needs to be done. I have 966 emails in my inbox (I read them all and dealt with them, but usually I am an Inbox Zero fanatic and sort them away all the time!).

So instead of an advice daily draw ("How can I overcome my procrastination..." is a stupid question, because I know very well how to - just get your ass out of bed and start doing it!) i thought I'd draw three motivational cards. Marseille cheerleaders, so to say... Here they are - 6 Batons, Valet de Bastons, Le Monde. I'll tell you what I got from them in the next post - in case you want to listen to their story, independent from mine, too! :)

6210996956_9ed5b1a618_z.jpg