Good tarot book

cheekyminx

I've got about 7 books & two that I really like are;

- The Celtic Tarot. Julian De Burgh
- Tarot Talk. The Language of intuition. Hazel Whitaker

Both are simple to read & the key words for each card are good. tarot talk has 8 different spreads, with great examples. I'm actually going to read these books from start to end.....as much as I despise reading *sigh* lol Here goes nothing!

I finally bought 78 degrees of wisdom by Rachel Pollack. Had to order it in - popular book, wonder why? ;) I've skimmed through parts of it & it really does look like a GREAT book!

Moongold

Hi Cheekyminx and welcome,

I don't know the two books you've mentioned but I hope to go into the city on Saturday to get some other Tarot things and will look out for them.

It looks as though one of them is specific to a deck. Is that correct? The Celtic Deck?

Is it hard to buy Tarot gear out of Wollongong? I stayed with a friend at the Benedictine Convent for a few weeks a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the rest. If I remember correctly, it's not far out of Wollongong. I've also been to the University there for conferences a couple of times. And I've driven down the East coast road to Melbourne a couple of times. The beaches are great.

It's great to have some more Australians here and I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Moongold

HudsonGray

Id REALLY recommend 78 Degrees of Wisdom, that is one of the reference books you'll be keeping on your shelves after you've read the other books.

LeahG

cheekyminx76 said:
I've got about 7 books & two that I really like are;

- The Celtic Tarot. Julian De Burgh
- Tarot Talk. The Language of intuition. Hazel Whitaker

Both are simple to read & the key words for each card are good. tarot talk has 8 different spreads, with great examples. I'm actually going to read these books from start to end.....as much as I despise reading *sigh* lol Here goes nothing!

thanks cheekyminx- interested in looking at the Tarot Talk book - will be off to my favourite bookshop - yes everyone already knows - TS Bookshop - if you come to Melbourne at some stage check it out - Russell Street between Little Collins and Bourke...

And a welcome to another Aussie! D

cheekyminx

Thanks Hudson. I checked out the book at Amazon. There's also a part 11.

78 degrees of wisdom. Rachel Pollack.

Sulis

The latest edition of `78 degrees of wisdom` has parts 1 and 2 in one volume.

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

cheekyminx

crystalmynx said:
The latest edition of `78 degrees of wisdom` has parts 1 and 2 in one volume.

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

Hi Crystal :)
Thanks for that. How much does this book cost? Um....in aussie dollars if possible ;) thanks!

Khatruman

ahh, everyone is recommending 78 Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack, and I must confess that I haven't read it yet. I am in the middle of reading her newer book Forest of Souls: A Walk through the Tarot which, to me, is inspiring. I find myself reading and being flooded with wonderful insights on how to look at the tarot in its essence, rather than on card by card meanings. I think it is essential to see the big picture, and heck, even Umbrae might like this book....well, tolerate it enough not to toss it on the flames :D

heartsdesire

I just bought 78 degrees of wisdom and I can't begin to describe how truly insightful that book was. I know I will be reading it several more times. it was the first book that didn't overwhelm, and yet wasn't too simplistic.

zorya

78 degrees is an excellent book. aother 'must have' book is 'tarot reversals' by mary greer, even if you don't use reversals.