Cherry Quartz - is it a real quartz?

dicey

I've read conflicting write-ups on Cherry Quartz. Since cherry quartz is "man-made", an article said they are still considered quartz since manufacturers use powdered quartz to create cherry quartz. It still retains the powers and qualities of quartz.

A few articles I've read mentioned cherry quartz as purely synthetic and does not have any metaphysical qualities.

I've just bought a Cherry Quartz sphere because it was calling to me. I was attracted to its beauty but I also don't want to feel disappointed that what I bought was a thing of beauty and only that.

Has anyone read anything more conclusive about Cherry Quartz?

cardlady22

Suppliers like Fire Mountain Gems are required to disclose what an specimen is made of; they list it as a glass under "imitation gemstone"

triple_entendre

I haven't read anything about that, but, think about this: the rest of this forum is dedicated to examining the arcane powers of cardboard! If your cherry quartz called to you, it has metaphysical qualities. If it doesn't, you can give it some.

poopsie

Hi, Dicey ... i found this in a website called www.crystalsrocksandgems.com "Cherry Quartz has all the qualities of quartz and is also great for the heart chakra. Good for: Colds and Flu and infections. Excellent for burns. Said to be good for concentration so is an excellent choice for anyone studying for exams. Nice for anyone studying for exams, love and emotional balance".

I guess it depends on the source of your quartz - where you bought it. If they honestly told you where they got it or what it was made of, then that may be a factor for you to believe that what you have is a genuine one. Apparently, the cherry quartz is something that's like a -semi - not pure quartz, but not totally imitation since as some put it, there are powdered crystals into it.

If it did call on to you and you sensed it, then that's your first signal. The second is how you programmed it and if you did, are you reaping the benefits?

I've had a bit of experience in the past wherein I held a quartz crystal and programmed it for financial prosperity and I was able to attract it.

Now I am touching two crystals and they seem to also "call" on to me and do wonders for my energy level.

In this case, it may help to trust your intuition. :angel:

Debra

A couple of years ago at a group reiki session, one of the women brought in a huge crystal ball of cherry quartz. The color was stunning, but I felt it was just colored glass, really.

Hiding in Shadows

I haven't read anything about that, but, think about this: the rest of this forum is dedicated to examining the arcane powers of cardboard! If your cherry quartz called to you, it has metaphysical qualities. If it doesn't, you can give it some.

LOL!

Clear crystal balls come three different ways that I'm aware of. spheres cut from a chunk of quartz, leaded glass, and reconstituted quartz. All can be used for scrying, but for metaphysical properties, the glass doesn't do a lot for you. I had the same thoughts concerning a pendant I bought containing siberian blue quartz. It seems to have a punch that quartz and blue quartz do not have. I believe Judy Halls books have a section on man made crystals. Just see what it does for you.

dicey

Thanks everyone.

I'll try to talk to my ball one of this days and see if i can build a connection with. If I'm not that successful, at least, I'll still have a wonderful decor I can put on display.

triple_entendre

LOL! Clear crystal balls come three different ways that I'm aware of. spheres cut from a chunk of quartz, leaded glass, and reconstituted quartz. All can be used for scrying, but for metaphysical properties, the glass doesn't do a lot for you.
(Curmudgeonly) "Back in my day, we had a saucer of water with ink in it and had to be happy with that!"

celticnoodle

I totally agree. I don't truly believe that it matters if it is man made or created by nature. it depends on how YOU work and react with it. You felt it call out to you. It must have some metaphysical qualities then, eh?

it seems to me it could be compared to some people believing that you MUST have a quartz crystal ball to be able to properly call yourself a crystal ball reader. however, there are many 'crystal ball readers' out there, who are actually reading from just a plain ol' glass ball. not crystal. they may be just as good, if not better then another reader who reads exclusively from an actual quartz crystal ball.

tarot cards are often considered "metaphysical". they are all man made. just pictures on pieces of paper. why not the cherry quartz then?

shelikes2read

I agree -- cherry quartz may be manmade, but I've used manmade items before - leaded glass and even acrylic spheres leap to mind. And if you look up scrying mirrors, you'll find a few zillion of them that are entirely man-made. But they all work. Why? Because the TOOL isn't where the scrying happens. Between our ears is where the scrying happens.

To me, scrying is facilitated because I like looking at the [insert scrying tool here], so I can distract my eyes with it. Then the brain can do its thing. So if you enjoy looking at the cherry quartz, that will make it easy for you to train your eyes on it until the rest of the process happens. Good luck.

P.S. The sphere addict in me needs to see a picture. :)