Dreamless Sleep

Labhraín

What crystals/stones are good for dreamless, restful sleep? I know of stones that encourage dreaming, lucid dreaming, remembering and interpreting your dreams, but what about crystals and/or stones that quiet the whole thing down? I was thinking that stones that quiet the mind would be good for this. Would that be correct?

Trogon

What crystals/stones are good for dreamless, restful sleep? I know of stones that encourage dreaming, lucid dreaming, remembering and interpreting your dreams, but what about crystals and/or stones that quiet the whole thing down? I was thinking that stones that quiet the mind would be good for this. Would that be correct?
That would be a good start. If you can find a nice piece of Amethyst or Smokey Quartz that are not overly stimulating, you can program them for providing you with calm, restful sleep. The can also be programmed to protect you and temporarily block any energies or messages which might manifest as disturbing dreams. Amethyst is a very protective stone. Smokey Quartz can help provide a calming type of energy.

Other stones that might help would be Hematite as it is very good at transmuting the stresses which might be triggering disturbing dreams. Carnelian is also a nice protective stone.

I'm sure there are others, but these are ones I have used myself. There are a few to avoid; Tiger Eye and Tiger Iron will tend to stimulate dreams and visions and can lead to a very restless sleep ... informative if you can remember the dreams and visions ... but very restless. Turquoise stimulates creativity which, for me, means I keep seeing paintings I want to do or places I want to go for photographs, or carvings I want to do ... again, not very restful. :D

Mainly, a stone that you use for calming purposes would probably help with sleep.

amethyst57

everyone dreams during REM, you just don't remember most of them...
to not have dreams would mean to possibly stopping REM...but that could harm
your mind and body...

what you could do is program yourself before you drift off...as to not remember
dreams or only have pleasant ones...repeat like an affirmation....

might want to try a smokey or a rose quartz, or amethyst for peaceful sleep
with no nightmares...

Labhraín

Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Smokey Quartz

I do have an amethyst pendant that I tried wearing but I still got the crazy marathon exhausting dreams. In the past, I did not have success with amethyst - if anything, I think it increased mental activity. I think I will try my smokey quartz pendant. I don't have any rose quartz jewelry but I do have a nice crystal. Will setting it next to the bed be helpful or do you have to be wearing it?

amethyst57

wear them or have them close to yourself as possible...

but another thought...
if you are having so many dreams, maybe you should analyse them...
sounds like something/someone is trying to tell you something...
may be message from your spirit guides or someone from the Other Side....

write down your dreams and tried to interpret them...
anything hit home from a person that passed on?
anything match up with what issues you face in your daily life?

Labhraín

wear them or have them close to yourself as possible...

but another thought...
if you are having so many dreams, maybe you should analyse them...
sounds like something/someone is trying to tell you something...
may be message from your spirit guides or someone from the Other Side....

write down your dreams and tried to interpret them...
anything hit home from a person that passed on?
anything match up with what issues you face in your daily life?

No, it's nothing like that. Just lots of dreams having anything to do with what I saw or heard or did during the day, mixed with any nonsense from TV. My mind just does not want to shut down at night and stay clear so it rehashes the day or day before and throws in random stuff from the day and presto! Disrupted sleep. :)

exotik1

i have the same problem, and i often ask angels when i need a restful sleep and need to awake refreshed and not reeling from weird dreams. just ask em before bed and also unplug any electrical devices n your bedroom before sleeping.

Sweet dreams!
farida

Glass Owl

I know that this thread is from months ago but I'm experiencing something very similar. I've been having nightmares for the past two or three weeks. The dreams don't seem to deal with anything that is going on in my life either and don't involve people that I know. They keep waking me up and I can't get restful sleep. I wake up feeling terrible, full of dread. It is like this cloud is just hovering over me while I'm sleeping and now it is moving into my waking life.

I have tried drinking sleepy tea before bed but it didn't make a difference. I tried going to bed earlier, thinking that maybe it was due to not getting enough sleep but that actually was worse. I wonder if maybe me wearing my lapis lazuli or other new jewelry too much is doing it. Any suggestions?

I do have my necklaces hanging up on hooks in my bed room but they haven't bothered me before. I also recently bought some older pieces at the thrift store as well some altar pieces so I have thought about pulling out the sage, maybe they need some smudging.

I wonder if there is anything else I can try. Wear less jewelry for a bit or only certain pieces? Meditate? Use certain incense or avoid particular ones?

Fortuna

I do have my necklaces hanging up on hooks in my bed room but they haven't bothered me before. I also recently bought some older pieces at the thrift store as well some altar pieces so I have thought about pulling out the sage, maybe they need some smudging.

I wonder if there is anything else I can try. Wear less jewelry for a bit or only certain pieces? Meditate? Use certain incense or avoid particular ones?

I think the new things you brought into your home may have some negative energy on them, especially the older pieces. You may not know who owned them and what they were used for.

If you hold and focus on them, do you get impressions or feel anything?

Feeling nothing doesn't mean it's not dangerous or has negative energy.

I think you need to cleanse/smudge them and your home, just in case.

Hopefully, the nightmares will stop.

Much blessings,
Fortuna

Padma

Perhaps some blue topaz will help - I have often used it to dispel bad dreams, with great effect. Also I agree about smudging and cleansing...it might also help to keep a dream diary beside your bed, so if you wake up at 4 a.m. with weird dreams, you can note them down - writing them can sort of "flush" them from your system for a time.

Myself when I begin to note massive energy changes, I swap from the stone I have been wearing, especially if I have been wearing it for a while, and choose something more soothing and grounding - or wear none at all, to sleep...

I have also often noted that springtime changes in my inner body clock can keep me strung up and awake, or having odd dreams, for weeks...

As a last resort, you can change your bedroom furniture around; if you are becoming increasingly sensitive, sometimes moving the bed to point in a different and calmer direction can help. I believe behead pointing south is the usual recommendation...anyways, I am no expert, but these are things that have worked for me in the past. Hth, and I hope you find relief!