Crystal Study Group: Moonstone

Padma

I've been very interested in this thread, DS - Moonstone is meant to be one of my birthstones, but it always felt or looked kind of dull and drab to me - no attraction. I almost thought of it as wimpy stone...or blah - I guess I should revisit it and see if it says anything to me yet! ;) Thanks for the amazingly interesting thread and study! :heart:

DownwardSpiral

I have two pieces of moonstone and both are a greyish white with black spots. Like the labradorite I have to hold them up in the light to see the hidden colors. They really aren't much to look at.....nothing like the pendant shown in the article.

I really liked the calming effect. I'm thinking isn't rose quartz supposed to calm as well???? LOL ok I just took a look...peace/calming/healing. For me the moonstone was more calming than I remember the rose quartz being. And emotionally it made a big difference. My emotions tend to be up and down.......at work the Union always tells me not to take things "personally". And considering I spend a big chunk of my time there...not having my emotions jumping all around was a big plus.

I will definitely carry moonstone with me from time to time. Of all the crystals/stones I have worked with so far...lol despite not being able to breathe.....this one is my favorite so far : )