First Meeting with Crystal

Padma

Ever since I can remember, I have loved stones, and crystals. I wanted to be a geologist when I grew up... (though I didn't end up doing that)

I remember being 3 and picking up rocks everywhere. Almost like I needed rocks to keep me grounded or something, I don't know! I got my first rock tumbling kit as a 7 year old, and a geology lab kit when I was 9.

And now I just collect piles of crystals and jewellery with crystals in them :) it's necessary to my mental health. I can't explain my life long fascination with rocks and crystals, but there you go! lol! There is a reason for everything, so i just think of myself as a stone child...much as others are attracted to water, or trees, or animals...we all have a groove, and mine happens to be pretty minerals! :laugh:

great stories here, everyone! :love:

twinage

Stonesatiety: Lol, I wouldn't mind to live in a hill of crystal :D Even if just some crystal spread around the house already make me happy too!

I never interested in scientific job since I hate to study :p I always wonder, my old school never had any mineral or crystal specimen to study for. But if they had, maybe I will love crystal since I was child not teen?

And yes, I sometimes I too ask outrageous question and if I don't get satisfied with the answer, I would keep asking. I think my teacher thought me as a never satisfied child back then.

twinage

Lotus Padma: Your story is great too, thank you for sharing this :)

If I still a kid, I would be so jealous with your tumbling kit! I always ask my parent to buy one for me but they never did. But I'm glad with their decision now. I heard tumbling kit like to make unpleasant voice and works too long, like weeks.

If I heard loud unpleasant sound for weeks, it will drive me crazy :D I never buy jewelry with stone cause most of them are pricey in the new age store around me. So then I decided to make one myself, also as a reason to hide my hobby to collect crystal :)

twinage

Hi, do you all basically choose crystal by its healing properties or it just calling you?

In my first case meeting crystal, I choose clear quartz cause I need it for cleansing my tarot which I classified that I need it for healing properties :)
Until now, I also just choose by healing properties, I almost never buy a crystal out of blue without considering it healing properties.

How about you all? Are you buying because it's healing power or you just wanted to buy it now matter what?

love_light

To be quite honest, crystals seemed to "find" me more than me seeking them out.

I'd been working with tarot for quite some time, when I got the idea to go visit this new age store I'd heard about. I went in just to look around and found all these gorgeous crystals in glass cases and in baskets. They were just beautiful! I remember reaching into a basket of apache tear crystals and immediately I could FEEL their energy. It made me feel like I wanted to just burst out into tears right there in the store, it was so overwhelming. Shocked, I pulled my hand out of the basket and looked around as if anybody else nearby would've seen that. I stuck my hand back in again, and same thing happened! I felt so much energy like I just wanted to release and cry.

I decided to buy one, as well as a few other crystals and I've been hooked since.

It's been learning experience for me. Sometimes I buy crystals for their healing properties. Like citrine, for example. I wanted to find something to help me amp up my power and boost my energy so I researched and found that.

But most of the time, I like to just go back what i feel drawn to intuitively and then find out the healing properties later.

stonesatiety

At first, after the small amethyst/white quartz elestial arrived, I asked stones to join me for healing work on myself and otheres. One 7 lb/3.15 kg smoky quartz crystal seemed so friendly. It had smoky elestial overlay and was covered in record keepers (raised or etched triangles). Its picture sat online at the same place in New Zealand. The feeling I had with this crystal was: If I get only one crystal, make it this one. I brought a good-sized black tourmaline and the smoky elestial home, and I have to laugh, many, many stones afterwards. Right away I called the stone "Yoda" and it turns out he (masculine energy) speaks for all the stones when they feel the need.

For example, my roommate at the time, a cat named Popurrie, looked concerned as the stones kept coming. I sat down with Po and told her that all the stones coming were friendly but were not replacing her. Yoda spoke for the stones, adding, "You soft organics take care of each other. We stones are fine." I felt an active life among them. The feeling I got was the short time we have, in a particular body anyway. Sure enough, after many happy years among the stones, Po went on her last prowl nearly three years ago. The stones remain.

I kept at the healing angle for awhile, but trusting my "inner rudder" as I like to call it, I just knew which ones were for us and which were not. Now, to me the stones are a huge group of friends, whom we can rely on, trust, but most important, relax and play with!

DownwardSpiral

Hi, do you all basically choose crystal by its healing properties or it just calling you?

In my first case meeting crystal, I choose clear quartz cause I need it for cleansing my tarot which I classified that I need it for healing properties :)
Until now, I also just choose by healing properties, I almost never buy a crystal out of blue without considering it healing properties.

How about you all? Are you buying because it's healing power or you just wanted to buy it now matter what?

Other than my first "crystal kit" I purchased at Barnes and Noble all of my purchases have been online. LOL so I go back and forth from the crystal site selling the crystals to another crystal site that explains the healing/spiritual properties of the crystals. And then I tell myself that the crystals that come to me are the ones meant to be with me. Only once have I picked out a specific stone from the ones being offered for sale.

Now if I were to walk into a shop selling crystals...besides being in Heaven.....I would go with whatever called out to me. Possibly the first stone to catch my attention. Haha as if I could leave with only one stone.

I will say this about shopping online and buying stones/crystals for their healing properties: It has forced me to buy stones I would have otherwise passed up. I have several "green" stones and believe me green is one of my least favorite colors. That and now when I finally do make it into a shop I'll be more open to what calls out to me. LOL otherwise all my stones would be pink.

Padma

I buy whatever calls to me. Very often I go to the new age store thinking, "I want this ring or this stone". And I come out with something completely other than what I went in to get.

I have learned now that the right stone will call me at the right time. I let the stones choose me. :)

twinage

Thank you for sharing all your opinion. Seems like most of you choose whichever crystal that called or interested you. I believe that crystal that choose us will calling us :)

I almost never buy crystal without knowing its healing properties. But there are times when like for example, I wanted to buy lapis lazuli which is common and a lot of it are available in the store. I will see and see until I pick one of those lapis lazuli that seems the most connected or interested to me.

Well, everyone has their own method to pick their own crystal so thanks again for sharing all this!

I kept at the healing angle for awhile, but trusting my "inner rudder" as I like to call it, I just knew which ones were for us and which were not. Now, to me the stones are a huge group of friends, whom we can rely on, trust, but most important, relax and play with!

I agree with you! Sometimes I like to talk to my crystal when there is no person near me, otherwise, some people may call me crazy lol :D

I will say this about shopping online and buying stones/crystals for their healing properties: It has forced me to buy stones I would have otherwise passed up. I have several "green" stones and believe me green is one of my least favorite colors. That and now when I finally do make it into a shop I'll be more open to what calls out to me. LOL otherwise all my stones would be pink.

Yup buying online means we already looked up the healing properties and we can't always rely on the picture since online shop always pick the random shape and size. I also have red stones and red is my least favorite colors but still, my blue stone collection is the best! Lol