Art Nouveau Oracle - Antonella Castelli (LS)

easyboy82

I'm a little bit disappointed by this deck... disappointed because I LOVE Liberty style and I love Lenormand and Lenormand-like decks...so when some months ago Riccardo told me of this deck I was expecting great things...well it is very nice..but I really didn't like the fact that some cards show the simple symbol while others show a woman wearing or displaying the symbol..I would have preferred that all the cards were like that of the Tree or the Vassel... I feel a sense of lack of artistic continuity...

Queen of Disks

Open Mouth, Insert Foot!

Alright, I'm at Borders today. And guess what appeared in the Tarot card case? Yep, you guessed it. The Art Nouveau Oracle, along with a few other sybillas and the LS Tarot of the Angels. So I bought said decks and took them home. To my complete surprise, I LIKE IT. I can recognize it as a Lenormand deck, and I feel like I can use it (unlike the Tarot of the same name and the Astrological Oracle, which I find mostly unusable.)

I think this oracle actually will work!

6 Haunted Days

This is a very very pretty oracle, I've always loved her style!

I got it a few months ago, now I can't find it! Geezo. I really need to get a better organizing system...no room!

violetvoice

I love this deck! It is my very first :) Art nouveau is my absolute favourite art period. It works well for me, I find the images intuitive and easy to relate to. I'm still learning (just started last Easter Sunday).

This thread links to the webpage that shows all the card pictures:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=90653

Le Fanu

I love this deck! Never liked (nor bought!) the Art Nouveau tarot - too samey - but this deck is so wonderful. I don't know quite why I like it so much, but something pulls me back to it again and again!

I like the washy watercolour hues. Such delicate colours! Plus I bought the Sorcerers Tarot recently and the two work perfectly together.

mary ventura

The coffin is ok (for a coffin :rolleyes:) but the face is pretty creepy })

Mary V

GryffinSong

My brother gave this deck to me last week as a belated christmas present and I LOVE it!!! I had her tarot deck and finally traded it away. I simply couldn't read with it at all. This, on the other hand, I find very readable, even ignoring the Lenormand aspect and reading it intuitively. I love it. I do, however, HATE the coffin card. That face is disturbingly creepy, and I'm actually considering removing it from the deck. And now I'm off to read the other thread about this card.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed that the few men in this deck are BORING. Not at all as interesting or beautiful as the women. I love that the women are somehow gorgeous without seeming sexualized. They seem powerful, even in those off-the-shoulder drapes.

This deck is my current favorite, and likely to remain a keeper.

Le Fanu

Anyone have any idea what the difference is between the old and new edition of this deck? A new edition was published this August and it has been a while in the pipeline. I'm curious as to what the differences might be.

Mirra

Anyone have any idea what the difference is between the old and new edition of this deck? A new edition was published this August and it has been a while in the pipeline. I'm curious as to what the differences might be.

I was wondering the same thing. I think the main difference is the size. According to Llewellyn website, the old edition (entitled Art Nouveau Oracle) is 3 x 4 x 1 inches while the new edition (entitled Art Nouveau Lenormand Oracle) is 4 x 5 x 1 inches (the same size as her Astrological Oracle).