Book of Law Study Group 1.18

Aeon418

Serendipity!

I was just about to make a post based on a mistake. Instead of Splendrous Serpent I had Secret Serpent in my head. So I exchanged SVD (secret) for HVD (splendor) to see what the difference was. Yoink!!! :bugeyed:

O Secret Serpent - O SVD NChSh - 498 - BITh ALHIM - House of God.

O Splendrous Serpent - O HVD NChSh - 443 - BITh AL - House of God.

Is that a Tower hint? :laugh:

ravenest

cardlady22 said:
I've browsed so many sites & articles lately that I've lost the specific reference . . . but I remember reading something about the serpent=wisdom and it sitting at the 3rd eye. Hopefully, I'll stumble across it again or someone knows the site.

There is an interseting refrence to it in Crowley's Rite of Jupiter ( of course ;) )

O coiled and constricted and chosen!
O tortured and twisted and twined!
Deep spring of my soul deep frozen,
The sleep of the truth of the mind!
As a bright snake curled
Round the Vine of the World!

O sleeper through dawn and through daylight,
O sleeper through dusk and through night!
O shifted from white light to gray light,
From gray to the one black light!
O silence and sound
In the far profound!

O serpent of scales as an armour
To bind on the breast of a lord!
Not deaf to the Voice of the Charmer,
Not blind to the sweep of the sword!
I strike to the deep
That thou stir in thy sleep!

Rise up from mine innermost being!
Lift up the gemmed head to the heart!
Lift up till the eyes that were seeing
Be blind, and their life depart!
Till the Eye that was blind
Be a lamp to my mind!

Coil fast all thy coils on me, dying,
Absorbed in the sense of the Snake!
Stir! leave the flower-throne, and up-flying!
Hiss once, and hiss thrice, and awake!
Then crown me and cling!
Flash forward-and spring!

Flash forth on the fire of the altar,
The stones, and the sacrifice shed;
Till the Three Worlds flicker and falter,
And life and her love be dead!
In mysterious joy
Awake-and destroy!

ravenest

But what's with the burning, why burning? I'm reminded of the sensation of oil of Abramelin anointing that spot ... that's v.burning.

The serpent crown doesnt burn (well, mine doesnt, unless freshly annointed with O of A)

Does it suggest some sort of branding or marking?

Grigori

ravenest said:
I'm reminded of the sensation of oil of Abramelin anointing that spot ... that's v.burning.

I like that idea. I made some Abremelin oil a while back, its mostly cinnammon, and burns like crazy sometimes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abramelin_oil

Abremelin's book is about how to gain Knowledge and Conversation with the Holy Guardian Angel, the Hadit within perhaps is another way to say it. So the sacred oil used in that process fits nicely with a line about Hadit I think.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Abramelin

Always Wondering

You guys have had it too easy with the ladies. When was the last time you burned with desire? That's the way I see it, anyway. A burning desire between Hadit and Nuit. ;)

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
You guys have had it too easy with the ladies. When was the last time you burned with desire?
Anything stronger than mild affection is politically incorrect these days. :laugh:

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Does it suggest some sort of branding or marking?
Like the Mark of Cain?

Is it a coincidence that the initials of "azure-lidded woman" total 37?

37 - HBL, Abel.

ravenest

similia said:
I like that idea. I made some Abremelin oil a while back, its mostly cinnammon, and burns like crazy sometimes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abramelin_oil

Abremelin's book is about how to gain Knowledge and Conversation with the Holy Guardian Angel, the Hadit within perhaps is another way to say it. So the sacred oil used in that process fits nicely with a line about Hadit I think.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Abramelin

Either fits nicely or was constructed deliberatly that way. AC was either inspired by the BoL to construct certain parts of ritual or certain parts of ritual inspired the BoL. In this case, the line "Burn upon their brows, O splendrous serpent!" is said while the Ajna is annointed with O of A (in th priest ordination, I think it is ... whoever constructed that). That's why I made the connection. Very effective actually, I can feel mine 'burning' now from the original 'implant'.

PS Dont make Lom's silly mistake of putting too much O of A on so in the middle of the ritual (when you cant leave the circle) it runs down and into your eyes!

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Anything stronger than mild affection is politically incorrect these days. :laugh:

That's just sad. I guess it's just as well I am an old, married woman. :laugh:

AW

Beira

I agree with the connection of the burning brow with the rising to Anja of the Kundalini energy.
When we attain the union mentioned in the previous lines, that implies the crossing of the abyss and the annihilation of personality intel Nuit, the Kundalini energy arises as described in this line, while Nuit herself "bends down" and so union is achieved.
As seen in the other threads this is an image of the Hexagram, with the downward and upward triangles coming together.
It is becoming difficult to keep the verses separate, even tho i think this study group is a great tool to work with the BoL