Tarot of Prague - Limited Edition

ayuryogini

Looks great-wish they would do some kind of payment plan,like 3 installments or something cause there's just no affording this for me right now.

Just noticed that they made it available in 2 payments of $77.50 each.
Gotta love Baba.

athenafletcher

For those who ordered the LE Prague and plan to get just the box, can you tell me if you've received an email for buying one? I messaged Karen and was told that the email would be sent out today. I'm paranoid that I might have been left out of the mailing list. Those who bought the LE in 2016 get first dibs and a sizable discount for the box only so I want to make sure that I get one as well! Much appreciated.

Alta

I did get an email from them today, and I did previously buy the LE.

athenafletcher

I did get an email from them today, and I did previously buy the LE.

Thanks, Alta! Now I'm sure that I've been left out from the list. :( I'll have to message Karen!

FLizarraga

Indeed! Next, I'm starting a savings account for the old Bohemian Cats, which shows up for sale from time to time for $300 or upwards. I especially love the Fairytale too.

You know, Piasabird, if you become a paying member, you can access the trade forum here, where you can probably find the older Baba editions for a lot less money --even a trade. I know I have. In fact, I just scored the Gold edition for a LOT less than $300.

(Not getting any commission here... ;))

Carojulie

Hello,

I received my LE Tarot of Prague today, and its absolutely fantastic. The quality of this deck is really, really something. It is the most luxurious deck that I own. The cardstock, images, thin metallik ink are the same as in the standard 3d edition, but with the added bonus of the cards being substantially larger.... so the art is really standing out.

Also, I was a little concerned about the cardstock, because it seemed from the description, to be the same as the standard size deck, and I know from experience that sometimes, cardstock feels flimsier when the cards are larger. But, no fear here. The cardstock fits the size of the cards just fine. It is sleek and very fine, but doesn't feel fragile in any way, not flimsy at all. So, I was worrying for nothing.
An other worry I had was about the size being manageable for my quite small hands Well, as it turns out, I do have to overhand shuffle this deck vertically because it is too large for me to handle in the lenght of the card. But that is not a problem at all. I can still handle the cards perfeclty well, and I am even surprised at how easy they are to handle !

The wooden box looks really fine and beautiful. I would not put too much pressure on the hinges and clasp because I do not know how much they can stand (I tried to pack the silk scarve inside the box, but with the scarve, the deck and the LWB, it was a little tight.... I was still able to close the clasp, but I was worried that it was putting too much pull on the clasp and the hinges, so I did not do it again. Maybe without the LWB.... what do you think, has someone tried and succeed in storing the cards with the scarve inside the box yet ?

In any case, the box is beautiful and looks very fine too. It adds to the deck's elegance. It is not very practical for taking around, but then, this is more a "stay at home" deck, to be displayed on the reading table in its fine wooden box.

I have never had a deck that I considered "for my personal use only". Some decks I do not like to read for just anybody with ; like my Bohemian Gothic 2d edition, favourite amongst favourites, that I usually reserve for myself and loved ones (otherwise I just take the third edition), but a deck only for myself, I never had one, never felt the need for one.... Bu,t if I HAD to have one, it would probably be the LE Tarot of Prague. As it is, while I will not let just anybody put their mitts on it, I will not resist the urge to show it to my close loved ones and share the pleasure. But, it is THAT special !

A truly beautiful deck.

Piasabird

You know, Piasabird, if you become a paying member, you can access the trade forum here, where you can probably find the older Baba editions for a lot less money --even a trade. I know I have. In fact, I just scored the Gold edition for a LOT less than $300.

(Not getting any commission here... ;))
You are absolutely right; I should join. Putting it on my fall list of things to do. Right now my brain's on summertime. :)

Piasabird

Yes, yes, yes and yes to everything Carojulie said about this exquisite deck.

Le Fanu

Just ordered mine. Don't do preordering. I prefer to wait until it's shipping. Am I right in thinking that this is the same size as the Ltd edition Alice tarot?

athenafletcher

Just ordered mine. Don't do preordering. I prefer to wait until it's shipping. Am I right in thinking that this is the same size as the Ltd edition Alice tarot?

It is exactly the same size!