The Moon as how someone feels for another

Nica

Unclear feelings.
Having unrealistic expectations.

Miradeck

Thank you everyone for sharing your interpretations on this very mysterious card from the position of "how someone feels for another". I'd like to expand this to hear everyone's thoughts around how the meaning of the Moon would be interpreted if it was in the position of "action someone would take". I can comprehend the Moon when it comes to emotions since it is a psychological card, but when it comes to action, I'm lost. Does it mean the action that will be taken is aimless, without a direction as the moon is also about being confused and not able to think carefully?

IndigoWaves

Does it mean the action that will be taken is aimless, without a direction as the moon is also about being confused and not able to think carefully?
Yes, when not completely in-active towards and to the outer world, the (Pisces-ruled) Moon may visibly "flounder" with confusion and intense emotional upset. Aimlessness is a likely feature, too -- or rather, fixating on aims that lie beyond a workable reality, rendering efforts to achieve them moot if attempted at all.

There may also be powerful deceptions/obfuscations experienced by those involved with this person, when unconscious or semi-conscious actions and reactions combine with lunar indirectness... All of which may be readily cleared up by an honest, incisive choice of words, but that's far from the Moon's forté. Subtle and hypnotically effective manipulations may occur, as well, though more often a byproduct of "ancient" inner turmoil and insecurity than general power-seeking or urges to spread pain and trouble around.

Another possibility is that this person will somehow just keep slipping away, as only a Fish can do... Never to be caught, despite any enticing splash or glimmer that seems to suggest otherwise.

Miradeck

Yes, when not completely in-active towards and to the outer world, the (Pisces-ruled) Moon may visibly "flounder" with confusion and intense emotional upset. Aimlessness is a likely feature, too -- or rather, fixating on aims that lie beyond a workable reality, rendering efforts to achieve them moot if attempted at all.

There may also be powerful deceptions/obfuscations experienced by those involved with this person, when unconscious or semi-conscious actions and reactions combine with lunar indirectness... All of which may be readily cleared up by an honest, incisive choice of words, but that's far from the Moon's forté. Subtle and hypnotically effective manipulations may occur, as well, though more often a byproduct of "ancient" inner turmoil and insecurity than general power-seeking or urges to spread pain and trouble around.

Another possibility is that this person will somehow just keep slipping away, as only a Fish can do... Never to be caught, despite any enticing splash or glimmer that seems to suggest otherwise.

Very complex card to understand, more so from an action perspective. Seems to me that it's a wild card, and could almost point to anything that might occur as an action.

Charlie Brown

Here's an essay on the Moon card that I came across recently. I think it's excellent. It talks about some of the older interpretations of The Moon card, including the old "false friends" idea, which may be relevant here. Personally, I'm really embracing what they say since, as it currently stands, too many people's interpretations of the moon strike me as just a romanticized version of the high priestess. ymmv

https://mycuriouscabinet.wordpress.com/2013/11/17/musings-on-the-moon-card/

IndigoWaves

I'd like to expand this to hear everyone's thoughts around how the meaning of the Moon would be interpreted if it was in the position of "action someone would take".
Seems to me that it's a wild card, and could almost point to anything that might occur as an action.
The 'Action someone would take' position may lead to an assumption that people inquired on will inevitably "do something" of external note re: a reading's topic, which isn't always the case... And considering the highly internalized/Watery energy of the Moon, it's very possible that no particular "action" will be taken by this person at all -- not that anyone outside him/herself would be able to detect. Especially if tangible participation has already been lacking, I'd expect more of the same with this card.

Miradeck

Unclear feelings.

Having unrealistic expectations.

Yes, confusion and unclear feelings seem to be the most commonly used interpretations.

Miradeck

What if a clarifier was pulled and it turns out as page of cups? Does it point to actions where messages of love would come through?

Miradeck

Here's an essay on the Moon card that I came across recently. I think it's excellent. It talks about some of the older interpretations of The Moon card, including the old "false friends" idea, which may be relevant here. Personally, I'm really embracing what they say since, as it currently stands, too many people's interpretations of the moon strike me as just a romanticized version of the high priestess. ymmv

https://mycuriouscabinet.wordpress.com/2013/11/17/musings-on-the-moon-card/

Thanks for sharing Charlie Brown. Good read.

IndigoWaves

What if a clarifier was pulled and it turns out as page of cups? Does it point to actions where messages of love would come through?
A Watery/Cup clarifier seems to reinforce the Moon's tendency to evade external activity, IMO. Together, they may suggest intuitive awareness of a "romantic offering", but no particular effort exerted to receive or reciprocate it. Actually, since the Moon often indicates emotional disturbance, someone's apparent attraction (Page of Cups) may be upsetting this person; disruptive fears (Moon) of hurting a sensitive, relatively "innocent" suitor (Page) could lead to puzzling silences, avoidance, and/or moody awkwardness: lunar "actions" rather than clear, direct rejection.