The Unconscious Bridge Spread

Flavio

Unconscious Bridge Spread

From psychological theory unconscious can not be accessed directly, we have to wait for it to manifest through associations, dreams etc, this spread is meant to encourage those manifestations from the unconscious.

Is shaped as a bridge from conscious to unconscious.

----4---3---
--5---1---2

POSITIONS
1- (90 degrees rotated clockwise) "The Resistance"
What is impeding the unconscious to manifest?.

2- What does "Resistance" looks like from conscious point of view?.

3- Image/Asociation to create an instant rapport with unconscious

4- What does "Resistance" looks like from unconscious point of view?.

5- Image for later manifestations: This card message is meant to go directly to our unconscious, we can read it with the group but it's OK if you feel this card has no relation at all, its effects are expected in the near future.

NOTES:
The difference between positions 2 and 4 readings is amazing, you can discover lying to yourself, unlocking an emotion or idea you can work later. Position 3 musn't be read so deeply, work with your first toughts.

Any comments about this spread will be appreciated.
Thank you.

BoPeep

Interesting. I'm not sure I completely understand it though. Position 2 - Death
Position 4 - Emporer

What is this telling me? I think Ia m having difficulty understanding how to interpret this spread.

FYI -
1 - VI Wands
3 - IV Swords
5 - VI Cups

Flavio

As I see it, Death in Position 2 shows conscious fear to changes brought by a succesful manifestation of your self esteem or a important message from your unconsciuos mind (Position 1), the Emperar in Position 4 tells me about the struggle between consciuous and inconscious to control your actions or your behaviour regarding the question or situation you asked.

Position 3 and position 5 are meant to be images that your unconscious mind will associate, and hopefully help for insights later or through dreams, when I have used it I got the meaning or association from card 5 at the least expected moments, like driving or cooking, suddenly I realize something that card is trying to express.

Hope it was helpful, in case of doubt please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

lionette

Hi Flavio ~

Getting ready to try your spread. Confused about the #1 position and the rotation. You say 90 degrees clockwise, which flips the card into a reversed position. Should be read as reversed? Why the rotation?

Kahlie

90 degrees means laying on it's side, if you go 180 degrees, then it's reversed :)

Example: in an L the two sides are 90 degrees on each other.

lionette

oops -- I knew that, really, honestly, I did!

I feel awfully silly now!

BoPeep

Flavio said:
As I see it, Death in Position 2 shows conscious fear to changes brought by a succesful manifestation of your self esteem or a important message from your unconsciuos mind (Position 1), the Emperar in Position 4 tells me about the struggle between consciuous and inconscious to control your actions or your behaviour regarding the question or situation you asked.

Position 3 and position 5 are meant to be images that your unconscious mind will associate, and hopefully help for insights later or through dreams, when I have used it I got the meaning or association from card 5 at the least expected moments, like driving or cooking, suddenly I realize something that card is trying to express.

Hope it was helpful, in case of doubt please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards
So this spread is kind of a way to unleash some things that you aren't aware of regarding a specific situation? The answers/guidance/advice aren't necessarily in the cards, just something to start probing the unconscious?

Am I getting it?
Bo

Flavio

Your understanding is correct. That is why positions 3 and 5 do not have a meaning as we are used to. It worked for me, hope this spread can help someone else.

Best Regards

Ang3343

Understood spread immediately, great help

Hi Flavio

Many thanks for this spread. I understood the cards I received immediately; it's made a lot of things clearer to me.

I'm writing a novel, and am resisting working on it, but don't really know why.

I used the Universal Waite, so Card 1, the Queen of Cups, with the bemused queen staring at the cup made a lot of sense. :)

My Card 2, which was the 7 of Pentacles, is also exactly what I feel like.

Card 3 was the 10 of Pentacles.

Card 4 was the Ace of Cups, which makes me feel a bit sheepish, because I've been receiving the 4 of Cups consistently in spreads for several weeks.

And Card 5 is the High Priestess.

Lovely spread. A validation of my feelings, along with a kick in the butt. :)

Thanks again. I'll save this spread --- I'm the Queen of Resistance. I get lots of inspirations, but they tend to fizzle out on me. I can see myself using this spread a lot. I feel as if a load has been lifting from my mind, and am looking forward to getting back to work on my novel.