• INTJ

Votes: 96 15.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 123 20.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 161 26.6%

• Total voters

rachelcat

Yes, wow, and according to this site, INFJ, the most common type here at AT (25.65%) is the least common type in the US population (1.5%)!

(If every type were represented equally, they would each be 6.25%. 1/16 = 6.25%.)

So it really IS special to be a tarot reader! (This INTJ is enjoying all the analysis going on here . . .)

ETA: Here's a site with more comprehensive frequency numbers.

Teheuti

Watch Monday night's Today show. Steven Colbert says that the Myers-Briggs is the most interesting of the assessments he's taken. We then see him talking to a M-B assessor - great stuff - and discover that he is an INFP! You should hear the things they say about this category - which is also one of the highest for tarot readers. Plus, you get to see him interview Michele Obama.

Girl Archer

How do I recast my vote? I was wrongly typed as INTP, turns out I am ENTP. *slightly worried*

Girl Archer

Watch Monday night's Today show. Steven Colbert says that the Myers-Briggs is the most interesting of the assessments he's taken. We then see him talking to a M-B assessor - great stuff - and discover that he is an INFP! You should hear the things they say about this category - which is also one of the highest for tarot readers. Plus, you get to see him interview Michele Obama.

I would have never pegged him for a Feeler or NF! It was interesting though.

EvaSegovia

A little late, but INFJ as well

EmpyreanKnight

Interesting. In the general population, INTJs are pretty rare, but here we are just all over the place. :)

sweetcherise13

Such an interesting topic!

I took some of the tests and my results were:

*Idealist
*INFP
*Mediator

I noticed posts about how many introverts have commented and I can understand why in a the sense that introverts, like myself, would have an easier time expressing themselves in an online format than in person.

Personally, I tend to appreciate being alone or amongst just family or a very few dear friends. Going out to places that are full of people is just too draining and I tend to clam up easily.

I like to consider myself a "people watcher" but actuality it's my way of tolerating being in large groups of people. Stepping outside of myself and focusing on others just seems to make the situation more bearable. :joke:

ncharge

INTJ here, but the N and J are both weak.

I don't think that E or I has anything to do with how well you read cards. I took the test in the military, with a day-long seminar/group discussion. MBTI is about HOW you think - how you process information. Extroverts tent to think out loud. Introverts then to think internally. When an I says something, it is a reasoned conclusion. When Es say something, they are reasoning to their conclusion verbally. That's why Is think Es are wishy-washy. On the other hand, whether you are an I or an E may have a big impact on how well you read for people - do you sit quietly and talk only after you have thought things through or do you talk all the while as the meaning becomes clear to you? Extreme Is may not say everything that needs to be said while Es may say a lot of stuff that need not be said. That is my understanding of it, anyway.

Hyaeth

I'm an ESFJ - apparently I'm in the minority on this forum! I don't think my personality type is in opposition to reading tarot, though. My primary cognitive function, Fe (extroverted feeling), leads me to enjoy tarot as a way to offer advice and guidance to my friends. It also means I sometimes have trouble identifying my own internal feelings, so using a deck to provide external feedback helps me process my thoughts. My secondary cognitive function, Si (introverted sensing), means I enjoy the aspect of using a system which has a long tradition of meaning tied to familiar symbols.