"Medieval Chihuahua Tarot" ...completed...

LadyZelda

Makes perfect sense to me. :)

Same here!;) there is not much you could do with that kind of costs! :bugeyed:

For the poker deck size, it is great that in the end they don't look distorted! If it is the same once you get your copy that is going to help those who can't spend much and at least they will be able to buy the deck nonetheless and that will bring some more to the rescues! :D :love:

For the store, yeah, again the costs you have don't help at all, as stores always want to buy things real cheap to make big profits! Always the same things...They all want the largest piece, and if they could they would all want to get the whole cake!

It's been quite a headache but at least now you can relax and let the ball rolling;) I'm sure it'll all work out for the best :love:

Chronata

I just saw that you were finished! And I wanted to say Congratulations! and what a sweet and charming ode to the Chi!

Shalyn

I haven't been keeping up on this thread, but I'm glad I stopped in. It's good that you are finally finished with the deck. Too bad you are going through all this trouble, though.

I'll be waiting to buy a deck - I'm not really into chihuahuas, but since there are so few dog decks out there, it'll be nice to have!

tarotlyn

It all makes sense to me, dear Lyn! :love: i think you have chosen the best road by letting Gamecrafters do all the shipping. You have already done so much! i will be looking forward to ordering at least a regular sized deck. :love:

Thanks so much for all your dedicated hard work, dear sis!

Hugs and Full Moon Blessings,
MG xxx

P.S. i find that lots of folks are going through all kinds of
different challenges right now...
:heart: Thank you my sis...and you are so welcome...you have lifted me once again! :*
Full Moon Blessings to :heart: you too hon...

Makes perfect sense to me. :)
:heart:Thank you Debra for seeing my side of the selling situation.

Same here!;) there is not much you could do with that kind of costs! :bugeyed:

For the poker deck size, it is great that in the end they don't look distorted! If it is the same once you get your copy that is going to help those who can't spend much and at least they will be able to buy the deck nonetheless and that will bring some more to the rescues! :D :love:

For the store, yeah, again the costs you have don't help at all, as stores always want to buy things real cheap to make big profits! Always the same things...They all want the largest piece, and if they could they would all want to get the whole cake!

It's been quite a headache but at least now you can relax and let the ball rolling;) I'm sure it'll all work out for the best :love:
:heart: LadyZelda, no there is not much i can do about the costs...wish i could...but TGC
has their set prices.
There was one other printer that could have worked but they didn't offer the 'regular' sized deck
just the poker or jumbo...AND their the jumbo sized was about $3.00 more per deck to print than TGC's jumbo deck :bugeyed:
Also by selling on TGC, the buyer will get the deck about a week sooner once they order
than they would if they ordered it from me because of the 'double shipping time.'

Yes, i do get a lot of stores contacting me about the bear deck (and also a lot so far with
the Chi deck), but they want it dirt cheap, as you say they want the 'whole cake.' and really
they don't want to pay even just my 'actual costs'... i don't think they realize the difference
between a large publishing house and a small self-publisher.
Thank you LadyZelda for your comments...

I just saw that you were finished! And I wanted to say Congratulations! and what a sweet and charming ode to the Chi!
Thank you :heart: Chronata...i do appreciate that!
i hope this deck will, along the way, bring abused and confused little dogs to a better and safe home...

I haven't been keeping up on this thread, but I'm glad I stopped in. It's good that you are finally finished with the deck. Too bad you are going through all this trouble, though.

I'll be waiting to buy a deck - I'm not really into chihuahuas, but since there are so few dog decks out there, it'll be nice to have!
:heart: Hi! Shalyn, i am so happy that you want this deck even though you don't have a Chihuahua in your life.
Maybe you will end up wanting one after reading with the deck. i hope that all of their little
'different' personalities are able to come through the cards for you. i tried to pick the right
little guy/gal to match each card...:laugh:
i have to say that some of the card made me laugh and some actually made me cry while i was making them.

i hope you enjoy the deck!

:heart: Lyn

LadyZelda

About dogs

This is not about the deck but still, it's about dogs....and it's a good food for thoughts;)
Thus I wanted to share it with you all :D

Here is something each and every one of us can learn from A Dog's Purpose?
(From a 6-year-old).

... Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa , and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker 's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.
Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ''I know why.''

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try and live.

He said,''People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?'' The Six-year-old continued,

''Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.''
Remember, live simply.

Love generously.

Care deeply.

Speak kindly.
Avoid biting .

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Let people touch you.

When you're happy, dance .

Be loyal.

Never pretend to be something you're not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

tarotlyn

:heart: LadyZelda! That is very touching...leave it to a child to see the truth! :):thumbsup:

Thank you for posting that piece of wisdom! :heart: i really enjoyed reading that...

REGARDING: REGULAR SIZED DECK

:heart:@ everyone ...pricing change from $27 to $29.99...and why:

i tried to keep the cost down for everyone...but i just want to show you the actual costs
and why i will have to raise the price to $29.99 so that the Chihuahuas can get $7.83 from each deck...that is all they would be getting :bugeyed:

Here are my actual costs on the 'regular' deck:

$15.12- Cost at TGC just for printing a regular tarot deck
+00.89 - TGC's printing/processing fee
+02.79 - Mandatory Tuck Box (OR it is $4.99 for TGC's mandatory medium sized game box)
+ 03.36 - Handling fees charged per deck by TGC
______
$22.16 is my total COST that goes to TGC :bugeyed:

If i sell the regular deck for:
$29.99
-22.16 (my actual TGC deck cost)
______
7.83 = Profit (The actual money left over that will go to help rescue dogs)-fro regular sized deck

i am really unhappy about these costs... i had to add the 'tuck box' today and it was $2.79.
If it didn't add the tuck box, then you would even pay more because without a tuck box, then
TGC will charge you for one of their medium game boxes that cost $4.99. By using the tuck box
it will save $2.20.

So i just created a really cute tuck box for you...it was easier this time around as i learned
from my last deck's tuck box experience :bugeyed: i think you will really like this one.

i hope this effort is even worth it... but it is basically the same situation for the bears deck as well...
...even though it is a poker deck!

Sorry :( everyone if you are planning on the regular deck...hope you aren't too upset!

...going out for my walk ...be back later...i need to air my brain out a little :laugh:

Sinduction

What is that saying about living life like a dog? If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away! :D

I don't mind what I have to pay for this one, I really don't. A lot of self-published decks are more. Some recent ones of $60 and $80 come to mind. So this is not much of a difference.

I always expect to pay more for self-published. They are not as readily available or easy to find.

I'm already saving my pennies for this one.

tarotlyn

What is that saying about living life like a dog? If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away! :D

I don't mind what I have to pay for this one, I really don't. A lot of self-published decks are more. Some recent ones of $60 and $80 come to mind. So this is not much of a difference.

I always expect to pay more for self-published. They are not as readily available or easy to find.

I'm already saving my pennies for this one.
:heart: LOL... Sinduction, that is really funny...i didn't quite read it like that...but maybe it is so! :laugh:
Regarding my deck prices:
Well, thank you so much, you have made me feel really better about the situation...and really
i have paid a LOT of self-published decks too! :bugeyed: That is exactly why i am trying to
give the best price i can on this one.
Thanks again, hon!:heart:

:heart:@everyone
Tonight i finished one of my web pages on TGC...(for the regular deck) ...it is totally set up and
ready to do...but you won't be able to purchase the deck until August 8th, after i get up
and place the first sale...i will post here when you can actually buy it.

Tomorrow, i will set up the same type of page ...but for the jumbo deck and will post the
link here so you can see it, although it may look basically the same...and it also will be
ready on August 8th, right after i buy the first deck...

tarotlyn

:heart::) Tonight i finished all '3' web pages on TGC, which took a lot of work...
but now there is a separate selling page for each of the sizes of the deck:

Jumbo deck page (open for sales on Aug 8th in the afternoon)
Regular deck page (same)
Poker deck (not for sale until i receive the sample deck) but i think it will be great as well...

i am very happy with the way the pages have turned out :)

i will be back on Aug 8th with the 'ready' selling links for those that are interested.

Hope you all had a great weekend...

:heart: HUGS
Lyn

celticnoodle

Lady Zelda, that was a beautiful story! out of the mouths of babes, eh?

:p I like this one too, Sinduction! :thumbsup:

:heart::) Tonight i finished all '3' web pages on TGC, which took a lot of work...
but now there is a separate selling page for each of the sizes of the deck:

Jumbo deck page (open for sales on Aug 8th in the afternoon)
Regular deck page (same)
Poker deck (not for sale until i receive the sample deck) but i think it will be great as well...

i am very happy with the way the pages have turned out :)

i will be back on Aug 8th with the 'ready' selling links for those that are interested.

Hope you all had a great weekend...

:heart: HUGS
Lyn
good! I can't wait to order and receive my deck. :)