2012 Edition Victorian Romantic

Bluefeet

On the facebook page, which are the new version and which are the old? It's not clear to me.

All VR images on their facebook page so far are for the new revised version.

Except for the two Three of Wands cards, the bottom image is from the 1st edition.

DaisyDragonfly

The old 3 of Wands is shown next to the new 3 of Wands: the old version is the smaller image.

Le Fanu

After receiving Baba Studio's newsletter yesterday, I was sure the board would be all abuzz about the upcoming new edition of the Victioran Romantic - but I cannot find anything yet!
I love this deck. Have done ever since it was released and think I've said all I can say about it here. I knew about the reissue and have been quietly excited about it ever since I first heard about it. It would be hard to better but I daresay they'll manage it. Or rather, their decks become different simply because of the changing dynamics; change a card and it changes the dynamics between it and 77 other cards.

My Russian one feels like a new deck simply because of the foreign titles and the extra (and extra butch) Emperor card. The new edition will have even more drastic changes. I've seen the fb pictures and it's looking good. It's such a privilege having various editions of a favourite deck. Where else can we find that? I shall soon be able to choose between; Gold, standard English edition, Russian, 2nd edition.. :)

I'm very happy about this release.

Hedera

If you don't have the earlier edition (and probably also if you do), I would recommend just getting the reprint, looking at all the gorgeous and evocative pictures, and enjoying it for what it is: I have no doubt that, whatever the changes, it will be a gorgeous, cohesive, eloquent deck. :)

Morwenna

It never appealed to me before, though I do admit the pictures of this new deck are lovely. The pictures of the old deck were lovely too. Now I have two versions to decide whether or not I want either or both or none??? Re-doing decks is problematic for those who have trouble with decisions! :) If I didn't want the first, why would I want the second; and if I want the second, will I start wanting the (unavailable) first? or would I refuse to get the second if I never got the first??

OUCH!!!

Grizabella

Will they change the Queen of Swords? I'm very fond of the first version of the deck, but that Queen of Swords always bothered me. If that one is changed, I might be quite tempted.

How about the card stock? I found that mine got really floppy after a lot of use and I wasn't happy about that, even though I love the deck.

Bluefeet

They are definitely changing the Queen of Swords card, new image is already up on their Facebook page.

Miss Divine

I will be getting this one also no matter what. Some cards I'll prefer in the first, just like I'll prefer some in the new. This is one of my all time favorite decks, but like Grizzy mentioned the cards getting really floppy after alot of use... I agree, and hope the new version will have better cardstock.

Hedera

Yes, slightly sturdier cardstock would be excellent!

And they mentioned possibly gilded edges.... *drool*

Miss Divine

Yes, slightly sturdier cardstock would be excellent!

And they mentioned possibly gilded edges.... *drool*

Oewlala gilded edges? Drool indeed!!