Zerner Farber Tarot

Tippyjane

I have been looking for the Zerner Farber tarot and see that the deck also us included in a kit called Instant Tarot Reader. The deck by itself seems to be hard to find and pricy, but the kit is not. Is there a difference in the quality of the separate deck and the deck that comes in the kit?

lark

The instant tarot reader has a small sized deck, and the other kit the Enchanted has a large deck.
I have both.
There is a difference in the card stock the large one has a thicker card stock and the smaller one is thinner stock.
The small deck is borderless.
You used to be able to buy the small deck without the book from US Games.
The kit with the large sized cards was called the Enchanted Tarot kit.
They have white backs with a gold design.
I went to USGAMES and they don't seem to sell any kits or decks now.

Tippyjane

Thank you, Lark ❤️

Tarotwolf

The large version was the second or third deck I ever bought. I remember thinking - how in the world am I supposed to shuffle these!

You can easily find either set for $15-20 online. I've even seen the small set at Second Hand Books quite often for $10 or less. The images are pictures of fabric collages.

AJ

the book that comes with the Enchanted version is really lovely...
and yes, the art is the same as Zerner-Farber, just bigger but also a hard to shuffle deck for me.

charmed one

The instant version

Hello,

I've got The instant kit version. The instant kit has got the borderless edition. The only downside of the borderless compared to the enchanted is that some of the card titles take away from the cards. The instant book shows every card in the celtic cross position.
:cool2:

Luna's Crone

book set

I have been looking for the Zerner Farber tarot and see that the deck also us included in a kit called Instant Tarot Reader. The deck by itself seems to be hard to find and pricy, but the kit is not. Is there a difference in the quality of the separate deck and the deck that comes in the kit?

you can get the book set with small cards for 12 plus shipping, but you have to go down the second seller page and go down till you find one for 12 buck and 100% buyer. The are used but in good conditon

Tippyjane

Thank you everyone! I paid $16 for a new Instant Tarot set and it should be here tomorrow. I have the Enchanted app and love the cards and then I saw the small borderless cards in a local shop awhile ago and fell in love. 💞

delinfrey

I would love the small Zerner-Farber (borderless)! I am checking Amazon now, and I can only find 35 and 30 euro offers (that's around 40USD), am I checking something wrong?

I do see Enchanted Tarot as well with the larger cards which I DON'T want, and that one is also around 30 euros. Hmm...

EDIT: Silly me. Can see a lot of cheap options on US Amazon. There was even one very used copy with lots of notes in the book, only for 3.99... But they also ask 25 euros for shipping!!! Which is insane. Hopefully I will find Instant Tarot Reader somewhere in Europe :(

Tippyjane

Just be careful on US Amazon-just received what was posted as a book & deck set, but it was only the book. Ordered another book and deck set and within one hour the seller contacted me to let me know that they just realized they only had the book. But they said they had already sent it and would credit my account - and told me to keep the book as it was their fault. So unexpectedly nice.

So I am still on the hunt for this deck.