Fairy Ring Oracle Deck

Cerridwen

I found this one quite hard to get along with, I cold be wrong but, it seems a sort of in-between of tarot & oracle??

I have only used this in the way of drawing one card at a time,maybe need to spend a bit more time with it.

:)

purple_scorp

I think I just bought this deck on E-Bay. Well, I know it was a fairy deck of some description, lol.

If it is somewhere between a tarot and an oracle deck, me and it should get along well.

purple_scorp

CloeCat

I liked it, but it did not like me

I was realy drawn to this deck and was able to get a set that had been the store sample deck from the store I was doing readings from. I don't know if was just me but the Fairy Ring Oracle did not like me, maybe it was just that set in particular but every reading I did with it gave replies/messages that were angery. I felt like i was being cust at.

I'm not trying to say anything bad about this deck, I really liked the design and colors and the way it is set-up, everything. But that set/deck was mad.
I know that this sounds well maybe weird but I do my reading haft by energy sensing and thats what I felt. I clensed that set and found someone it liked.

I think I may try a new/ untouched fairy ring oracle and see if I can connect better this time. Do not mean to scare off anyone from this oracle, it was just a weid experance for me.
Nervise purrrs,
CloCat

CloeCat

Up-date

I have a brand new set of the Fairy Ring oracle, and am feeling much better about the energy this oracle gives. Yes, is can be very blount with its answers, but I also think I need to study and learn more of where these fairies are coming from and how to connect with them better. So I'm spending more time learning the spreds and meanings, as well as sensing for my own.

Over all I am really enjoying the Fairy Ring Oracle.
Marry purrrs,
CloeCat

LilRed

My Experiences

Hello all,
This deck was actually my first pull into Tarot/Oracle, I had been interested before but never connected with anything. I live in a pretty small town and I was at Books-A-Million with my sweetie looking in that area of the store. I found the book "The Fairy Ring" looked through it, put it back. My budget was a little close at the moment. I later showed it to my sweetie and the odd thing was that I could point right to it after it had been moved. I came back to the store about two other times and every time I at least picked up the book and looked at it, always able to very quickly locate it even if it was misshelved.
Well took a couple of out of town friends there, showed the woman the book as she found me looking at it and I put it back. My sweetie surprised me with the book as he decided to grab the book while it was still there and I could get it. I could not find the deck except for ordering it and I don't have a credit card but the out of town friend found it in Seatlle and brought it back for me on their next trip over.

I loved it before I even opened it, I held off on thumbing through the cards for a bit as there were a lot of people over at that moment. I finally loooked through them and each one was like a new discovery when you are a little kid. For awhile they stayed in their box until yesterday. My mom had been given a used wooden cigar box and I wound up getting it. Turns out the fairy's were interested in it as soon as I brought it home. I took off the plastic that they were using as a hinge, took the deck out and placed them in it. They were happy as soon as they were -near- the box. They did not want the lid of the box to be put back on (at least for now) and they are on the top shelf of the book case with the lid on a plate stand (it has a really pretty painted fish on it). They had me keep the box they came in which is back on the bookcase where it was before.

I have not done a spread with them yet (except for one online at their website and that was very acurate) as I am still learning and waiting for a spread cloth. I know that a spread cloth depends on what is best for the reader but the idea of one just feels right. But I know already that these fairy's are very playful and I really love the look of the deck. Because of how perfect some of the pictures are the ones that are not "dead-on" seem to jump out at you a bit. Like "LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT ME!!!" but it has a very nice feel to it. The deck seems a little large for me (I have small hands) but I will figure out a way to shuffle them if I need to.

I really love this deck and can not wait to play with it more.
LilRed

purple_scorp

Hey LilRed,

I know what it feels like to have that association with a deck. For me it was with Titania's Fortune Cards (Oracle deck), and the Osho Zen Tarot, oh and The Love Pack (Oracle deck).

Just to update this thread....in my earlier post I had mentioned that I thought I'd purchased this deck from E-Bay. (I knew it was a fairy deck of some description, lol). Anyhow, it was this deck and it arrived before Christmas.

I love the artwork - so many pretty fairies. I can't say that I feel a connection with the deck though. I've sat it in a velvet purple bag and only taken them out a handful of times. I think it's because I don't quite know what to do with it? I worked through some of the spreads in the book but found that I have to keep referring to the book for the interpretation. It doesn't lean towards an intuitive interpretation. Does anybody else find this? Or can you all just look at the card and say, oh yeah - it means this???

I know that somebody has been offering readings with this deck and I've been reading through them to see how they interpret the cards.

Maybe it's just me and fairies. I also have the Llewllyn Fairy Tarot and I've not had much joy with that deck either.

purple_scorp

LilRed

purple_scorp

Hello,
Actually of my two decks I am drawn to this one more, I also have the Medicine Deck but I have not even taken it out of it's packaging yet. :|

Odd thought but have you tried looking at a deck that is not published by Lleweyn? Maybe Froud's? I never got anything off of Froud's but I suddenly do now and the only thing that is different is that I am more aware of my attraction to it.

I am not sure exactly what to do with the Fairy Ring deck, basically not sure what to ask it. But I think what will help is when I start reading the book. Have you tried reading the book and holding the card in your hand while reading about that specific card and then looking at the card? That is what I will be trying this weekend...hopefully.

Would anybody else be interested in a Study Group for this deck? I would like to know if there is interest before I look more into how to do it.

Smile!!
LilRed

purple_scorp

Hello LilRed,

what a great idea. A study group....or something similar would be excellent.

For a while I participated in a daily card draw for the Osho Zen tarot. It involved members drawing individual daily cards and interpreting it with regard to their life at that time. It was not regimented and people drew cards as they felt the need (not necessarily every day).

I'm currently involved with a weekly Titania's Fortune Cards study group. We rotate which member draws the cards and then all add our interpretations and discuss how we arrived at them.

Why don't you post a new thread mooting the Fairy Ring study group idea and call for interested members and suggestions?

In answer to your questions....I spent one whole day just working with the deck, thumbing through the cards, picking some at random and reading their corresponding passage in the book. Tried almost all of the spreads and later laid all of the cards out on the floor, face up and in sets so I could observe the differences. Then, that night, I read through the book go to woah (without the cards).

I've looked at Froud's Faeries on the website but not felt a pull toward purchasing the deck. Yeah, the more I think about it...maybe I'm not cut out to work with the fairies.

purple_scorp

ncefafn

purple_scorp said:
I've looked at Froud's Faeries on the website but not felt a pull toward purchasing the deck. Yeah, the more I think about it...maybe I'm not cut out to work with the fairies.

I think the Froud's Faeries are awfully pretty, and like that -- oh, golly -- frou-frou new age friend who always gives you an upbeat meaning to the very worst occurrences. "You lost a leg in that mountain-climbing accident? That's a message for you to find balance in your life." Well, okay, that's nice, but I need to know how I'm going to support myself now, since my career was as a center for the New York Knicks.

However, purple_scorp, have you taken a look at the Fey Tarot? It's pretty straightforward and intense.

LilRed

Fairy Ring Study Group

Purple_scorp,
Hmm you know I think your right, I guess I will go make a "show your interest" post, I guess give it till Tuesday to see how it does and go from there. Maybe the fairy's are not for you right now? For months I didn't feel anything off of Froud's then boom I did. The Celt in me is showing now thinking that there is no way someone could not be good with Fairys.

Ok,...off to go make that post, thanks for the encouragement!
LilRed